PDA

View Full Version : My Land Cruiser thread

Andy Harvey
25-02-2010, 10:41 AM
You'll be making me paranoid, the thread about my new Land Cruiser Amazon with pictures didn't make it across from the old forum :confused:.

Have the LR mafia censored it :D

Tony Ferrari
25-02-2010, 10:50 AM
No remember it's a Toyota, so the brakes most probably failed and it sailed on through to another website....

Or was it the accelorator that stuck? :D

Andy Harvey
25-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Ahh, but it wasn't a Pious (sorry Prius). My brakes work real well, maybe it pulled up too early :D

Andy Harvey
25-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Just another thing, doesn't seem to have the "IMG" code allowed in signatures so can't link to the logo. Simple change in vBulletin AdminCP.

Edit.

I is a NUMPTY - didn't see the insert Signature image link so was uploading a signature image and it wasn't showing.

DOH!!!!!

Simon Bentley
25-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Just another thing, doesn't seem to have the "IMG" code allowed in signatures so can't link to the logo. Simple change in vBulletin AdminCP.

Edit.

I is a NUMPTY - didn't see the insert Signature image link so was uploading a signature image and it wasn't showing.

DOH!!!!!

Its a deliberate action to limit signature sizes - if you can only upload we can limit the size.

Andy Harvey
25-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Simon.

Good plan. I run another forum that is using vBulletin and do the same. User interface on this is slightly different as I think you are using a later version (mine is due an upgrade) so getting used to the differences.

Just one suggestion - not sure if you are doing this but it is best to save the attachments in the file system rather than the database, reduces the backup size quite dramatically - they can easily reach multi GBytes very quickly which means if you are running regular backups they take a long time to do plus ages to download if you want to keep them off the server.

Simon Bentley
25-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Andy - do you mean THIS (http://www.4x4response.info/showthread.php?t=1138&highlight=amazon) thread - been there all along. I can merge the 2 for you if you like.

With regard to backup - tbh no idea - will ask Pat but would not be surprised if it is a server to server backup so avoiding the download all together.

Andy Harvey
25-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Simon.

That's the thread, funny it doesn't show in the list though.

Cheers

Simon Bentley
25-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Simon.

That's the thread, funny it doesn't show in the list though.

Cheers

Theres something wromg with the default thread display order - its not showing by latest post so stuff isn't where you expect it to be - will try and sort but may have to wait for Pat in the morning - unless you can point me to the right place.

Andy Harvey
25-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Simon.

Sussed it, the default thread shows only those posts from the last month - ought to set it to from the beginning.

It's in Default view age in the Admin CP for each Forum i.e. you need to set it individually for each forum rather than the whole board - just had a look at my other forum admin page.

Cheers