PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

Flib1
25-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Hello i'm Flib1 real name Dan Wilson. I'm hoping to join the Nottinghamshire 4x4 response team if they'll have me :D
I'm 28 and work as an archery instructor at Centre Parcs in Nottinghamshire.
I have toyota Hilux Surf 3.0 and i've had surfs for about 3 years now. Here is a picture of my current surf:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/flib1/DSCF1453.jpg

Thanks very much
Dan :p

Patrick Molloy
25-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Dan, looks the business. welcome

Andy Harvey
26-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Nice Surf Dan. Are you by any chance on www.hiluxsurf.co.uk which I do the admin for the owner (Nigel). Used to have a 2.4 Surf SSRX for 4 years until I changed to a Land Cruiser (now on my second - 1999 Amazon 4.2TD 100 Series).

Flib1
26-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Hello, i am indeed on the website, without it I don't think i'd be able to do anything to a surf myself, it's invaluable for information.
Are you a member on there or just do the admin?

jamie.read
26-02-2010, 01:41 PM
hi Dan and welcome, nice truck mate

MarkS_Lothian
26-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Welcome dan, nice looking truck.

You got a little bit of a lift going on there, do short people get the option of a stepladder to get in?

Flib1
26-02-2010, 03:06 PM
cheers guys. My poor wife is only 5'3" but with a jump and a little bit of a luck she manages to get in (usually) :p

MarkS_Lothian
26-02-2010, 03:10 PM
cheers guys. My poor wife is only 5'3" but with a jump and a little bit of a luck she manages to get in (usually) :p
that paints an interesting picture, is that a deterrent to having too many bags of shopping?

Flib1
26-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I suppose that's a positive side effect! :D
Although she is 5 months pregnant so I think I ought to get her a little box to stand on soon. She wouldn't let me fit a helicopter rescue winch :p

stephendrabble
26-02-2010, 09:44 PM
put some nice side steps on the mrs will get in a LOT easyer

Flib1
26-02-2010, 11:06 PM
but that would mean taking off my rock sliders! And sidesteps are more expensive than a rope ladder ;)
It's not that tall really lol. Luckily my wife is quite into 4x4s as well so she's cool with it :D

Andy Harvey
03-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Hello, i am indeed on the website, without it I don't think i'd be able to do anything to a surf myself, it's invaluable for information.
Are you a member on there or just do the admin?

I'm "Lucky" on the Hiluxsurf site. I help Koi with the admin and originally did the site build for him.

Also should have known you were on the site - the big web address on the front of your Surf gives it away somewhat - must be going blind in my old age.:rolleyes:

Flib1
03-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Also should have known you were on the site - the big web address on the front of your Surf gives it away somewhat - must be going blind in my old age.:rolleyes:

I recognise the username actually you have concorde as an avatar?

I don't post too much on the forum as my technical knowledge is a little limited, but it's a great forum. I'm searching the threads at the mo to find out how to fit an intercooler :confused:

Do you go on any of the trips they organise on HLS?

Andy Harvey
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Yep that's me with Concorde as the Avatar and The Godfather as the user title.

Haven't been on any of the trips for a long time, used to go to Devil's Pit occasionally but since I moved to Gloucestershire 3 years ago it's a bit of a way. Plus don't really want to take the cruiser greenlaning as it's too nice to scratch - how sad is that. Save real use of it for 4x4 Response work, apart from that it's a bit of a Chelsea tractor:D - except it doesn't get used for the school run - my daughter is far too old for needing that now.

Wasn't so bothered about the Surf plus it was a bit narrower and also had proper off road tyres - BFG MTs. Only just got the Land Cruiser 100 and although it has BFG ATs on they only get dirty in the carpark at Morrisons :D

Flib1
05-03-2010, 12:15 AM
that's fair enough, the first time I put scratch down my surf I felt a bit gutted even though I kind of expected it to happen at some point :p
What's it like being a member of the response groups? I'm not a member of ours yet and i'm a little bit excited about it :D

Andy Harvey
05-03-2010, 12:16 PM
It's great, got to say not too involved at the moment as my Wife is ill and in Hospital but it is great to be part of a community that is doing good things as well as all sharing a common interest.

It's also been really good when being out on a callout to think that you are doing something valuable.

Even the fund raising events - we do quite a bit during the Summer and Autumn - car parking etc at events - are great training in working together as well as good fun too.