PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Leon
17-11-2010, 01:34 PM
I have just joined this forum and i'm hoping to be able to help others when ever possible .
At present i own and drive a Disco 200tdi(1992) and my main Landrover is my pride and joy ,a1972 series 3 109 fitted for recovery etc.I live and work in Barnstaple North Devon.

Anyone living near-by are welcome to pop round for a chat and cuppa (with biscuits) unless i've already eaten them !!!!!! :D

nigel leyland
17-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Leon,
Welcome to the forum your local group would likely be Devon and Cornwall you can find there website link in the Site Navigation panel to the right under Group Register, you'll be able to find contact details and dates/venues for meetings. They may well be on standby or even called out at the moment due to the local flooding.
I'm sure someone more local to you will be along shortly....

Nigel.

andy riches
17-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi there,

welcome to 4x4response

andy

DanStretchWE43
23-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Mornin'

Disco Sam
23-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Welcome along :) ypu have any pics in the 109? am quite interested

trevmales
23-11-2010, 09:36 PM
welcome along:)

BobWessex
23-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi Leon,
Welcome to the forum your local group would likely be Devon and Cornwall you can find there website link in the Site Navigation panel to the right under Group Register, you'll be able to find contact details and dates/venues for meetings. They may well be on standby or even called out at the moment due to the local flooding.
I'm sure someone more local to you will be along shortly....

Nigel.

Hi Leon if you've not found it their website is http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/

nigel leyland
23-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I had thought of doing that Bob, but you know what my geography is like, I'd of likely got the wrong team!:rolleyes:....anything outside Yorkshire and I start getting confused....:D

Nigel

BobWessex
23-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I have the same problem when I get further north than Birmingham ---BTW looks like you better wrap up warm tonight watching the forecast.

nigel leyland
23-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Was cold last night, and we're expecting the first sprinkling on Thursday followed by more at the weekend....how much we actually get will likely vary hugely throughout our area....

Nigel.

Rikki-UK
23-11-2010, 11:58 PM
over on the weather geeks forum.. who tend to be a lot more reliable than the met office, they reckon that Scarborough and the Wolds are going get a good seeing to , travelling north the NY Moors are going to get a covering, but nothing major, then a break over Teesside and Newcastle , both getting no more than flurries/light covering.. but from Alnwick upwards it could get a bit exciting

We will have to wait and see, but they were the only ones to predict last years hit on Teesside a week or so before it happened

nigel leyland
24-11-2010, 12:21 AM
If one disregards the usuall media weather generalisations and takes a close look at all the information the Met Office provide, add in a bit of local knowledge....I'm inclined to agree with them Rikki.. if that's their evaluation for Thursday, but I do feel it could be a little heavier and more widespread come Saturday, particularly in the North of the region.....

Nigel.

Grizzly
24-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Does that mean that you'll be breaking out the long sleeve t-shirt then Nigel?

Time to put the shorts away I think!

nigel leyland
24-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I may be wearing thicker socks with me sandles.....and fasten a couple of buttons on me shirt.....!

Nigel.

WessexMario
24-11-2010, 09:09 AM
over on the weather geeks forum.. who tend to be a lot more reliable than the met office,

A google of 'weather geeks' produces "About 264,000 results".

could you provide a link to the one you mean?
Ta.

Rikki-UK
26-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry Mario for the delay the website is
http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/

You need to register to read the forums and they do take some trolling through, to get any information amongst the chatter and slagging off of the Met Office, but when you do find the info it is better updated than the media and tends to be more accurate locally than the met office

WessexMario
26-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks for that Rikki

Foxy1961
26-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Welcome aboard Leon