PDA

View Full Version : MoU Signed

John M
07-06-2012, 11:06 AM
After many revisions and months, we are very happy to report that V4x4R today signed our MoU with the folllowing core members:

IW Council
IW NHS
IW Fire
Hampshire & IOW Police
HMCG

The above members form the Island Resillience Forum, which in turn flows into Hampshire LRF.

Patrick Molloy
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Thats really excellent news! well done to all those involved.

Andy Harvey
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Well done John.

Cheers
Andy

nigel leyland
07-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Not without some considerable effort I guess, well done to all and next time it should be more of a formallity.

Darmain
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Well done John and Co. If you're helping the Police out down there then you will need either the IOW version of the Highway Code or a remotely controlled turret mounted machine gun. This to sort out the shocking driving on the Island. This week I've seen -

2 off - Delibrately jumping of a red traffic signal.
2 off - Overtaking (me) in a 30, when I was doing 30.
1 off - Very near miss (not me, I was behind) cause by total careless driving. This had me standing on the brakes even though I wasn't at risk.
1 off - Being forced to reverse round a blind bend by a person {heavily censored description} who absolutely refused to give way even though I had right of way. They then drove off without saying thanks.
Upteen tailgating, even in heavy rail, even though Warrior was risking aquaplaning.

Use the wreckage from you slaying activities to shore up those crumbling cliffs!!!

John M
07-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Nothing new there.

Andy Harvey
07-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Well done John and Co. If you're helping the Police out down there then you will need either the IOW version of the Highway Code or a remotely controlled turret mounted machine gun. This to sort out the shocking driving on the Island. This week I've seen -

2 off - Delibrately jumping of a red traffic signal.
2 off - Overtaking (me) in a 30, when I was doing 30.
1 off - Very near miss (not me, I was behind) cause by total careless driving. This had me standing on the brakes even though I wasn't at risk.
1 off - Being forced to reverse round a blind bend by a person {heavily censored description} who absolutely refused to give way even though I had right of way. They then drove off without saying thanks.
Upteen tailgating, even in heavy rail, even though Warrior was risking aquaplaning.

Use the wreckage from you slaying activities to shore up those crumbling cliffs!!!

Dave.

Somewhat similar to the driving in Cheltenham then!

Darmain
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Maybe we can get a National deal on weaponary!! :D

BobWessex
09-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Well done John

Darmain
09-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Another issue with the IOW highway code is that yellow lines are there to make the roads look pretty. They are, on no account, anything to do with parking restrictions!! Meeting with John this evening to discuss battle plans. :D

Paul Johns
25-06-2012, 06:27 PM
4x4 response teams from the South have helped to dig stranded drivers from muddy fields and car parks on the Isle of Wight. Festival goers were trapped when heavy rain fell on the Isle of Wight creating huge swathes of mud which made the car parks difficult to access.