PDA

View Full Version : Hello from ATVresQ in Yorkshire

ATVresQ
18-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Evan and I trade under my company name, ATVresQ.

I am a reasonably experienced off-roader with at least 20 years or so under my belt. Including Landrover Trials, motorcycle enduros, ATV instructor, Off-road Fire & Medical rescue appliances and emergency driving.

I currently own a Disco II td5 xs auto, which I use to tow my ATVresQ kit. This is a two seater Ca-am Outlander 800 max ATV / Quad bike. The ATV is used at public and private events to tow my rescue trailer, for rapid casualty evacuation and treatment.

The trailer I use is my own design, and manufactured it myself. I have got a patent pending on the design, but first wanted to make sure it was fit for purpose. It has been to many events over the last two years and have had no problems, in-fact, most of the time people ask - "Where can I get one of those?". I do plan on reproducing the trailer for sale in the new year, but currently don't have the time or space.

There is a website (http://www.atvresq.com/ATVresQ.com/Home.html)with a few more photos, so if your interested, please take a look. I must apologize, please bare in mind that the site is under construction!

Cheers,

Evan.

Jim Wallace
19-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Hello Evan and welcome

that is a crackin trailer

nigel leyland
23-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Hello and welcome Evan,

That looks like a pretty impressive piece of kit you've developed there. Where about in Yorkshire are you as with it being a fairly large area we have two groups in the area, ourselves 4x4 Response North East covering from the Scotish borders down to the top end of North Yorkshire and Yorks/Lincs (I think that's the latest name :? ) taking over where we leave of and covering all the way down Lincolnshire.

I'll be taking a look at you're website shortly......

Nigel.

BobWessex
23-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Evan,

I hope you don't mind but I've reduced your image so that most people can view the whole trailer without having to scroll up and down / left & right

ATVresQ
23-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Bob,

Thanks for doing that, I wasn't too sure how to do it myself.

Nigel,

I live in Ilkley which is right on the border of North & West Yorkshire and Lancashire. I cover events all over this area and much further a field.

Cheers,

Evan.

nigel leyland
23-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Then you're within the YL teams area primarily, however, if you're getting around a bit we may run into you..... :D

As an aside.......I was recently watching an episode of "Real A&E" which featured a 4x4 driver who had succomed to a leg injury whilst securing a winch rope in a charity event at Helmsley (in aid of the Great North Air Ambulance as it happens!)....what caught my attention was the fact that the paramedic/ambulance crew attending where ferried to the incident by Quad bike..........I didn't see how he was extracated, fortnately only minir injuries, but your trailler would have come into it's own I'd have thought!

I did a search but I've been unable to find your website....have we got a link?

Nigel.

ATVresQ
23-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Nigel,

Sounds like that was a perfect job for me.

I do see people being ferried about on quads alot and it makes me cringe as most of them are on single seat machines, very dangerous and illegal.

There should be a link to my web site at the bottom of this post.

Cheers.

nigel leyland
23-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Duh! now I see it....must be the grey text :D

Nigel.

Tony Ferrari
23-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Evan

We certainly use quads a lot in Mountain Bike races for medical cover. Although usually as a way for the medic to reach the incident rather than for patient transport. We use these guys a lot Extreme Medics (http://www.extrememedical.co.uk/) The partners in the company being friends of mine, a result of having worked with them for over ten years now.

As an International Mountain Bike Official I have on a couple of occasions in the past assisted the movement of casualties out of inaccessible places on a stretcher on the luggage rack of a quad at very slow speed. Simply because we didn't have enough bodies for a carry but it is not something I would really recommend. Your trailer looks like a really good solution to the problem of patient transport over rough ground, especially when the only alternative is a long carry. I've assisted in a couple of Mountain Rescues and being on the stretcher team is no fun. Mind you being in the stretcher isn't either having tried it once. And that was an exercise so I wasn't even injured. :D

It is interesting that Chris Lee (Quad Response in Cornwall) has just got himself a Can Am Outlander too. They're like London buses.... nothing for ages then two come along together :D

Cheers Tony

Chris Lee
07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey Evan,

Great to see you made it mate. Welcome to the 4x4 Response Network.

For everyone else, I met Evan via another forum and agree the trailer is a mighty fine piece of kit though I am still waiting for mine to be made and delivered from Evan :D :P :twisted:

Anyway, Welcome Mate 8-)