PDA

View Full Version : shropshire/ staffordshire

simon holland
24-11-2009, 02:15 PM
hi im from shifnal in shropshire not to far from north wales or staffordshire, looked a while ago to see if there was anything in this area wehich i dont think there is

i drive a modified discovery and also have a classic series 3

Jim Wallace
24-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi Simon and welcome

There is a New group just started in North Wales if you are interested contact Andy Richards who is team co-ordinator for the North Wales group andydoors@hotmail.co.uk, he will sort you out.

BobWessex
24-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Simon,

A new tream is in the process of forming to cover Staffordshire & Shropshire, probably to be called West Midlands 4x4 Response -- drop me an E-mail for contact details.

robin-baldwin
24-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I was about to reply to Simon that if he waited a few minutes a new group would pop up on his doorstep and sure enough not one but two have. At this rate we will have covered the whole of the UK by the weekend :roll:

BobWessex
24-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I was about to reply to Simon that if he waited a few minutes a new group would pop up on his doorstep and sure enough not one but two have. At this rate we will have covered the whole of the UK by the weekend :roll:

many a true word :roll: :roll:

robin-baldwin
24-11-2009, 06:40 PM
What ever your doing guys, keep up the good work.

TimChilde
24-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi Simon,

A new tream is in the process of forming to cover Staffordshire & Shropshire, probably to be called West Midlands 4x4 Response -- drop me an E-mail for contact details.

Who? What? Where? When?

How did I miss that ??? :D

Unless, of course, you mean the (short) discussion on the CRAG forums about starting a group. I just suggested they had the discussion on here - makes much more sense!!

BobWessex
24-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi Tim,

That would be the discussion I've had with a couple of guys about setting up a team. One asking about setting up a team in Shropshire and the other re Staffordshire-- It made sense for them to talk to each other and combine forces.

I've asked Andre & John to log on and update folks with where things are.

TimChilde
24-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I think there's quite a few people in the area, so it may be worth trying to get them all together...maybe just by starting a 'possible new group' thread and inviting people to post their interest.

There's at least 4 people talking about it on the CRAG forum, and it's been mentioned on here often.

simon holland
24-11-2009, 09:57 PM
so how does this all work then once the group has set up, do we need special training, looking at the equipment list on wales response i cary all the equipment all the time anyway and alot more junk, in the disco

would there be local meetings

thanks si

BobWessex
24-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Si

what you carry depends pretty much on what you're being called to, for instance if the vehicle is full of kit you can't carry the gear to set up a rest centre (no room). Conversely if you've been called out due to heavy snow, waffle boards, maps, coffee, food, warm clothing etc are all needed.

I always advise members in Wessex to carry what is likely to be needed but not what isn't likely to be. i.e. if going to an incident on the M5 in summer would you carry the same as if you were going to remote villages in winter. Also of course the more that you carry the more the vehicle weighs so the more fuel it uses,

Again depending on what you are doing the chances are that you already do the "special training", primarily we do on-road driving etc.

Different teams have different views on what training, qualifications etc are required, which may well be dictated by your 'user bodies'. For instance Someret CCU requires a minimum three years experience of driving and no more than 6 penalty points.

I would suggest that as a minimum your application form and annual renewal should require a declaration that members have a licence to drive the type of vehicle, and that the insurance policy permits voluntary use. Some teams insist on seeing the licence.

Tony Ferrari
24-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Si

A lot of the answers are on the website:

http://www.4x4response.info/public/publicWrapper.php?t=1&p=formANewGroup

But feel free to ask questions:

As Bob says, there are suggested equipment lists that most of us use and will vary due to season or task but yes it is what most greenlaners or off roaders might carry anyway.

As he also say, training is a mixed bag as there is nothing specific out there for 4x4 response itself, given the wide range of tasks we can get asked to carry out. However there are lots of areas of training that can be very useful.

Off road skills is the obvious one but much of our potential use is in fact on-road.

Recovery or winch training is another but these are tasks we don't really promote ourselves as doing, although in reality can end up being asked to do.

First Aid training is also good, more for yourself and being aware of how to operate around casualties as we don't exist to replace the Ambulance Trusts, Red Cross, St Johns etc.

Amateur radio training is common, again we are not here to replace Raynet but many groups are using AR to provide enhanced and resilient communications.

We have many IAM members amongst our numbers, so Advanced Driving is another useful skill.

Navigation training is one that can get overlooked due to the reliance on Sat Nav but can be an essential skill in itself.

I'm sure there's more that people might suggest.

As for meetings, many groups have monthly meets some social, some more formal and some groups have several due to their large geographic areas.

Other consideratoions for a new group are liability insurance and uniforms/PPE both of which can (or will be soon) obtained through membership of the National Network.

Regards

Tony

BobWessex
24-11-2009, 10:52 PM
To add to my previous, identification should ALWAYS be carried, as should H/V vests/jackets depending on the weather.

Paul_Humphreys
25-11-2009, 10:19 AM
I live in Shropshire :roll: :lol:

Paul

simon holland
25-11-2009, 10:30 AM
good speaking to you last night bob as im out of work at the moment ive got plenty of time to help with the set up and fundrasing, once ive spoken with the others you told me about, i think i have all the equipment i will ever need

and thanks for the advice ive spoke to a few people i know in the area and a few of them are interested

BobWessex
25-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi Simon, always glad to be of help, and as I say if you know a pub in/near Newport I'm sure that I can justify a visit to family one weekend soon.

Paul_Humphreys
25-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Simon, it is worth having a word with Mark Margetts of the Wales group. He will be able to help a lot. Also as a lot of the Welsh group live down the border I am sure a lot would help. Also it would be easy to join the Welsh training weekends.

Paul

simon holland
25-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi Simon, always glad to be of help, and as I say if you know a pub in/near Newport I'm sure that I can justify a visit to family one weekend soon.

yea i know one just outside newport about 5 mins from the centre and its got a big car park still havent spoke to the other 2 yet, maybe we can get anyone intrested to go aswell

so weve got to get liability insurance , how much cover would the group need and is there any other insurance we need

who was it you said i had to contact within the local council once weve got it all started i was thinking about going to the local newspapers for advertising and i think ill be able to sort some sort of discount with roean landrover services for members when i pop in next

how did the other groups get funding or was it just from membership and how much do most groups charge

thanks si

BobWessex
25-11-2009, 02:25 PM

yea i know one just outside newport about 5 mins from the centre and its got a big car park still havent spoke to the other 2 yet, maybe we can get anyone intrested to go aswell -- sounds good to me

so weve got to get liability insurance, how much cover would the group need --- We have a national policy which you can sign up to, currently £2.10 per member, if the team joins the national network (£25/year) - so that's easily sorted- and is there any other insurance we need --- Individual members will need to ensure that they are covered for voluntary work on their vehicle policies

who was it you said i had to contact within the local council once weve got it all started -- Try the Emergency Planning Office sometimes called the Civil Contingencies Unit -- i was thinking about going to the local newspapers for advertising and i think ill be able to sort some sort of discount with roean landrover services for members when i pop in next -- Always worth a try, much will depend on who you speak to

how did the other groups get funding or was it just from membership and how much do most groups charge -- We (wessex) charge £10 per year (£20 in the first year) Most teams charge some thing but it does vary widely. One of the reasons that we charge an annual membership is to ensure that our membership lists are reasonably up to date. - you might get some local sponsorship but it does tend to be catch 22 unless you have a member with his own business. We have almost finalised a national sponsorship deal which will enable teams who are members of National Network to provide a jacket per member.

thanks si

simon holland
25-11-2009, 09:32 PM
sent a message to andre about starting one in shrops ans staffs will be meeting up at some point so if anyone else is intrested get your names down and ill keep in contact with you

any help from other groups about starting up would be usefull

thanks si

TimChilde
25-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Is shropshire/ staffordshire going to cover West Midlands? I think that was suggested at some point.

If so (and probably also if not) I'm interested in a more local group - currently my nearest id Glos (though I haven't made it down there yet due to chaos at home)

I suppose I should also offer to help out with a website, as that's sort of my thing.

simon holland
25-11-2009, 11:01 PM
i think it will cover the west mids aswell, im meeting up with andre soon to sort out the set up of the group in the next month or so hopfully if we can get a few people interested any advice is welcome as im have not been a member of a response group before and ill keep people updated

and thanks tim for offering to help with the website ill let you know soon

thanks si

BobWessex
26-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Looking at the number of new members who have joined in the last few days from Staffordshire Shropshire and the general West Midlands area, I would say that the main thing now is to get together either face to face or on-line and see if you can form a committee. That is always the first step, if needs be the "founding committee" can step aside once others come on board.

Basically you will need a Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer. There are lots of other roles, such as membership sec, callout controller, web master etc but they can be combined with those three "Officerships".

ben_prior
26-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Everyone....

I too am one of the ones who were discussing a Shropshire group on the CRAG forum.

I live in Telford and would certainly be interested in joining a Shrops/Staffs/West Mids group.

I dont have the time to run a group but would certainly be able to offer a few hours a week to aid the running.

Send me a PM or email with any info that any one has that may be of use.

I look forward to getting involved!

BobWessex
26-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I have merged the two Sghropshire/Staffordshire posts, so that everything is in one place. -- It is starting to look good in that area. Keep it going guys. 8-)

Tony Ferrari
26-11-2009, 03:30 PM
In respects of a name, West Midlands makes sense as although most people may not think of Shropshire and Staffordshire as being "West Mids" (as there is obviously a separate County of that name) they do fall in to the Government Region of West Midlands.

The region includes

Staffordshire (county Council)

Shropshire (unitary council)

Telford & Wrekin (unitary)

Stoke on Trent (unitary)

West Midlands (county)

Warwickshire (county)

As well as those areas already covered by existing groups:

Worcestershire (county) Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response

Herefordshire (unitary) Herefordshire 4x4 Response

ben_prior
26-11-2009, 04:02 PM
West Mids sounds good to me...

BobWessex
26-11-2009, 05:34 PM
It is also better when it comes to using the inititials for the national ident. :?

simon holland
26-11-2009, 09:07 PM
yea dont think ss would go down to well wm is a bit better

Stu Pickering
26-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey chaps

I am a member of CRAG and GLASS and live in Telford. Would be happy to get involved in something like this as and when shifts allow

simon holland
26-11-2009, 09:35 PM
so thats 3 from the telford area so far im waiting for a message back theres a good chance the meets will be at bridgnorth when i have found a pub with a big enough car park with a landlord that doesnt mind will make some phone calls tomorow

i think the group is going to grow quite quickly there seems to be a lot of people intrested

thanks si

simon holland
26-11-2009, 10:05 PM
anyone intrested in this group pm me and ill let you know a meeting point and when its going to be it will be the first for this group

TimChilde
27-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Not an issue to start with, but we may need to find another more central meeting point when we know how the membership ends up.

Bridgenorth isn't really central for WM......though it is for most of the people that have shown interest so far.

Tim.C

simon holland
27-11-2009, 02:02 PM
we will relook at the pub once we have more members when i know where everyone is we can sort something out

we might have to have smaller meets in the futurer as i think there could be alot of members so far 3 possibly 4 near telford 1 nr ludlow and 2 in the west mids and i havent advertised on the big forums yet just working on the paper work side at the moment

thanks si

TimChilde
27-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Simon

I think from your recent posts you're definitely volunteering for one of the 3 key posts :)

I would volunteer myself, but I'm crap with money, and hate paper work, so that rules 2 of the 3 out :D:D:D

simon holland
27-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Simon

I think from your recent posts you're definitely volunteering for one of the 3 key posts :)

I would volunteer myself, but I'm crap with money, and hate paper work, so that rules 2 of the 3 out :D:D:D

as im out of work at the moment ive got plenty of time on my hands so i dont mide setting it all up if i can get enough people to volunteer as once im back at work ill only be able to put 1-2 hours into this a day at the most but for now im happy doing the paperwork im getting alot of help of bob and a few other people in other response groups about what we need and what weve got to do

Dave White
27-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Just a heads up - had 2 guys from Warwickshire meet me at the Emergency Services Show - they were looking at setting up a team there - have pointed them at this thread - they were from WMAS so are probably an asset to you on the user side as well... Even if they are a separate team...

Tony Ferrari
27-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Now that could be confusing :? ...

A team covering the West Midlands that is separate to the West Midlands Team.

Maybe it will have to be "Sierra, Sierra" after all :D

Dave White
27-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Now that could be confusing :? ...

A team covering the West Midlands that is separate to the West Midlands Team.

Maybe it will have to be "Sierra, Sierra" after all :D

Unless they form one team for the 3 counties?

ben_prior
27-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Is warwickshire not East midlands?

I know the NHS and ambulance etc have all joined to make larger teams recently!

Dave White
27-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Is warwickshire not East midlands?

I know the NHS and ambulance etc have all joined to make larger teams recently!

Ambulance just keep doing it... I admit I just don't know the divisions of W n E midlands...

Tony Ferrari
27-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Ambulance Services now reflect Government Regions and Devolved Administrations (with the exception of South West and South East which are both split in two - see below), in this case the two services are:

East Midlands Ambulance Service

Leicestershire

Derbyshire

Rutland

Lincolnshire

Northamptonshire

Nottinghamshire

West Midlands Ambulance Service

Shropshire

Staffordshire

Herefordshire

Worcestershire

Warwickshire

West Midlands

Other Ambulance Services are:

South West Region

South West Ambulance Service

Great Western Ambulance Service

South East Region

South Central

South East Coast

London

East of England

Yorkshire

North West

North East

Wales

Scotland

Northern Ireland

And strangely the Isle of White has it's own Ambulance Service?

simon holland
28-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I think there's quite a few people in the area, so it may be worth trying to get them all together...maybe just by starting a 'possible new group' thread and inviting people to post their interest.

There's at least 4 people talking about it on the CRAG forum, and it's been mentioned on here often.

is there away of posting on crag about the group without becoming a member

thanks si

simon holland
28-11-2009, 05:54 PM
anyone know about the west midlands 4x4 response group on twitter was just doing a search for it before i buy the website, i havent set it up but theres people following it all it says is website to follow

Tony Ferrari
28-11-2009, 06:00 PM
is there away of posting on crag about the group without becoming a member

thanks si

most probably not but there are CRAG Officials on here who could do it for you:

Try MarkM_Wales (http://www.4x4response.info/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=113) or Paul_Humphreys (http://www.4x4response.info/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=186)

Paul_Humphreys
28-11-2009, 06:41 PM
There is a public sectiom of the CRAG forum, so it is easy for you to pop over and post away.

Paul

simon holland
28-11-2009, 06:45 PM
thanks paul

BobWessex
28-11-2009, 06:49 PM
anyone know about the west midlands 4x4 response group on twitter was just doing a search for it before i buy the website, i havent set it up but theres people following it all it says is website to follow

Hi Simon as far as the National Network is concerned there is no team covering the West Midlands. The current position is that several have asked about setting up a team BUT at the moment, as far as I am aware, it has not gone beyond several of you discussing having a pub meet in the near future to talk about the possibility of setting up a team.

To the best of my knowledge this includes amongst others, yourself Tim Childe, Andre Marsh, John Bishop. If I have omitted anyone please say.

simon holland
28-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Hi Simon as far as the National Network is concerned there is no team covering the West Midlands. The current position is that several have asked about setting up a team BUT at the moment, as far as I am aware, it has not gone beyond several of you discussing having a pub meet in the near future to talk about the possibility of setting up a team.

To the best of my knowledge this includes amongst others, yourself Tim Childe, Andre Marsh, John Bishop. If I have omitted anyone please say.

theres 7 people intrested so far ive put info on all the forums im on, and have set up all the paper work ive bought the websites and am going to try and fing a central pub for every one to meet to get started and then its nominating people to do different roles im going to have a chat with tim as he said he could help setting up the website i havent been in contact with john if anyone has his email ill contact him

thanks si

BobWessex
28-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi Si

John's E-mail address should be in the E-mail that I sent you all on the 24th. I'll PM it to you.

simon holland
28-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Si

John's E-mail address should be in the E-mail that I sent you all on the 24th. I'll PM it to you.

thanks bob ive emailed him now im waiting to hear from 2 others and him then ill be arranging the pub meet

thanks si

BobWessex
28-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Si,

Looking through recent joins and E-mails I reckon that we have the following potential core members in your area

yourself

Tim Childe,

Andre Marsh,

John Bishop,

Ben Prior

Stu Pickering

Andrew Lowe

simon holland
28-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Si,

Looking through recent joins and E-mails I reckon that we have the following potential core members in your area

yourself

Tim Childe,

Andre Marsh,

John Bishop,

Ben Prior

Stu Pickering

Andrew Lowe

plus 2 other of forums im on

TimChilde
28-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Just to answer a few questions that have cropped up whilst I've been carpet shopping all day :(

Si, I'm a member of Crag so I can post stuff on there on behalf of the new group.

I've already spotted your post on LandyZone.....I didn't post on there yet because of the expected response....which happened straight away :)

I hope you didn't pay too much for the website.....I thought about sorting that, but thought I best not and ask first. What domain did you get? I can host it if needed, though probably best to keep it separate

And in case you haven't worked it out yet, the Twitter account was me :)

And I have a PM off you, which I'll go and answer now.

Tim.C

Teresa Herefordshire
28-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you're doing well Simon! :D

If you're looking into any off road training, contact Mark M in Wales group as they have recently got people trained up who could help.

Teresa

TimChilde
28-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Sounds like you're doing well Simon! :D

If you're looking into any off road training, contact Mark M in Wales group as they have recently got people trained up who could help.

Teresa

Thanks for that Teresa. We are likely to need a lot of help and advice from the groups already up and running. We all learn from our mistakes, but the wise learns from other people's!

Annoyingly, although I'm a trainer by profession, it helps to know the subject before you try and train others, and I wouldn't claim my off road, winching etc skills are anywhere near good enough yet to be able to train others, so I can't help there yet.

I'm still planning to try and get to the meetings of the other nearby groups anyway. The one's I was going to go to because there was no Midlands group :)

MarkM_Wales
29-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Simon

Once the Group gets going we would be happy to help out with training etc. and share some of our stuff - we have had joint training with Heferord group in the past. One of our pub meets is on the Shrops/Powys border so if a couple of your guys want to come along one 3rd wednesday we could have a chat over a pint.

Regards

Mark

MarkM_Wales
29-11-2009, 10:19 AM
If anyone is interested we have a LANTRA winch training session next weekend which will result in full LANTRA tickets - I understand that we may have a place or 2 available - let me know if you're interested.

TimChilde
29-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Interested ? --- Yes

Time to go ? --- No

Winch ? ------- No ;)

I'm in the middle of a house re-wire at the moment, so no time do to much.

Hopefully next time :)

Tim.C

ben_prior
29-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Interested ? --- Yes

Time to go ? --- No

Winch ? ------- No ;)

Tim.C

Same here....

Just a thought, i know someone mentioned about possibly getting some deal with ROEAN... my girfriends Dad works at JT Hughes in Telford - Mitsubishi/Honda dealership... i might be able to get some kind of deal with them too... might help the non-landy strain and show that others can also join... ??

If there is anything else that i can do i shall do so!!....

simon holland
29-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Interested ? --- Yes

Time to go ? --- No

Winch ? ------- No ;)

Tim.C

Same here....

Just a thought, i know someone mentioned about possibly getting some deal with ROEAN... my girfriends Dad works at JT Hughes in Telford - Mitsubishi/Honda dealership... i might be able to get some kind of deal with them too... might help the non-landy strain and show that others can also join... ??

If there is anything else that i can do i shall do so!!....

thanks ben we'll discuss more at the pub meet which should be in the next couple of weeks

thanks si

BobWessex
29-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi folks if you've not yet read it, this (http://www.4x4response.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=838)might help.

If you have the pub meet at a weekend and would like, it might be possible for me to attend.

simon holland
29-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi folks if you've not yet read it, this (http://www.4x4response.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=838)might help.

If you have the pub meet at a weekend and would like, it might be possible for me to attend.

ill keep you updated bob even if you just met with a few of usit would be good for a bit of advice

thanks si

simon holland
29-11-2009, 10:17 PM
all the poeople that have showen an intrest in this group have an email once i have replys from everyone ill be setting the date for the pub meets

thanks si

simon holland
30-11-2009, 05:09 PM
where can order some stickers to identifey the vehicle and is there anywhere that does a special for high viz vests for the network

thanks si

MarkM_Wales
30-11-2009, 06:57 PM
The cheapest source we found for Hi Viz vests were these guys: http://www.hivis.net/

We just had 500 4x4 Response stickers printed <£110 inc vat. We split them with the Herefordshire Group. We give a couple to each new member with a hi viz and a few other goodies. Let me know if you want a sample or details of the supplier - based in Wrexham I think but we could get them done and get them across to you if you wanted.

BobWessex
30-11-2009, 07:29 PM
hamg fire on any clothing for a week or two.

Once you've got a committee I suggest that the Chairman or Secretary gives Tony or myself a call, and we'll gove you some useful info.

simon holland
30-11-2009, 08:36 PM
hamg fire on any clothing for a week or two.

Once you've got a committee I suggest that the Chairman or Secretary gives Tony or myself a call, and we'll gove you some useful info.

ok bob ill call you in a couple of days

thanks si

simon holland
30-11-2009, 10:38 PM
were done to a vote for the pub meet either

Saturday 12/12/09 1 pm

Sunday 13/12/09 3 pm

Monday 14/12/09 8pm

ill will put which pub tomorow when iove confermed with the landlady it has a large carpark and is easy to get to for everyone

were still looking for a treasurer to set up the bank account and register as charity

and a callout controller

thanks si

amlowe13_Shropshire
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Yay - I feel welcome now. :D Nothing against Land Rovers you understand tho! ;)

Not quite on first name terms with the staff at TJ Hughes yet, unlike my many dealings with Rob and Andy from my disco days..... :roll:

amlowe13_Shropshire
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Saturday 12/12/09 1 pm

Sunday 13/12/09 3 pm

Monday 14/12/09 8pm

ill will put which pub tomorow when iove confermed with the landlady it has a large carpark and is easy to get to for everyone

were still looking for a treasurer to set up the bank account and register as charity

and a callout controller

thanks si

I can't make that Monday, but may be able to do either the Saturday or the Sunday I think.

BobWessex
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
As we are now at the stage where a team is being set up; we have created a "west midlands" group on the forum and given those who we know to be members of the new team the same access as any other response team member.

So let me say congratulations to Tim Andre & Simon on their new roles and welcome to the world of 4x4 response.

If any members of the new team haven't got full access please let one of the mods know.

simon holland
01-12-2009, 09:03 PM
thanks bob for all the help ill let you know the date for the first meet and ill keep you up dated when this is

ne jones
02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Just catching up with this thread.

I'm a member of CRAG, most CRAG members know me and also A member of Wales response.

I'd like to be involved in the West Midlands group in some area even though i'm not driving a 4x4 @the moment.

simon holland
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM

I'm a member of CRAG, most CRAG members know me and also A member of Wales response.

I'd like to be involved in the West Midlands group in some area even though i'm not driving a 4x4 @the moment.

ok nath ill keep you informed

TimChilde
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Hiya Nath,

It's all your fault you know!!!!!

I'd never heard of 4x4 Response until you turned up at my house with a car covered in stickers :)

And now look what's happened ;)

ne jones
03-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Its great Tim, I'm so pleased that someone has taken the initiative.

Seeing pics the last week or two of flood defences going into place in Ironbridge reminded me of the need to have a response group to cover the local areas.

As you know I no longer own a 4x4 but I'm keen to be involved in any way that I can. :)

TimChilde
10-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Saturday 12/12/09 1 pm

Sunday 13/12/09 3 pm

Monday 14/12/09 8pm

What's the latest on this...it's all been a bit quiet for a couple of days?

simon holland
10-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Right ive been a bit busy the last few days so haven’t done much more

The meeting will be on Sunday 13th ill be there at 3 the meeting will start when a few people turn up

If you are attending the meeting message me so I know how many application packs to bring for those who want to join but can’t make the meeting message me and ill get An application pack sent out to you for anyone that wants to join the group and pay after the meeting the membership will be £15 you will get a members pack but this will be sent out to you or given to you at the second meeting

So the meetings starting about 3.30 at the Bell at Tong 1 mile from junction 3 of the M54 on the A41 on the left if coming from the motorway the postcode is TF11 8PS

Hope to see a few of you there

Thanks si

stlh@hotmail.co.uk

simon holland
10-12-2009, 08:02 PM
could all attending the meeting please bring a passport size photo

Tony Staffs
14-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi Simon, I cant guarantee being available all the time or for training due to weekend work commitments, but will be happy to support the group.

Any chance of an application pack?

simon holland
14-12-2009, 06:02 PM
hi tony if you keep an eye on here for the next meeting youll be able to have your say and get an application pack i dont really want to start sending application packs out just yet asd the group isnt up and running yet

thanks si

Teresa Herefordshire
14-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Simon

Did you have your meeting yesterday? How did it go?

Teresa Herefordshire
14-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Tony Staffs???? Do I know you????

Don't happen to drive an orange van on the weekends do you ...?

Tony Staffs
15-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Tony Staffs???? Do I know you????

Don't happen to drive an orange van on the weekends do you ...?

Not for the last 12 weekends I haven't.... but I will be next weekend... Gingerly though....

No lifting, carrying, bending..... How am I going to work then? :shock: :lol:

(Just don't mention what I drive, the Landy boys go all anorak)! :lol:

Teresa Herefordshire
15-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't think they would say anything if they saw your vehicle history! Anyway the new one is being tranformed gradually by the sound of things! :twisted:

Glad you'll be back on patrol soon as I spend so much time on the M6! :oops: Take it easy though. :D

Good to see you on here by the way.

Simon Bentley
15-12-2009, 11:56 AM
PM sent

Tony Ferrari
15-12-2009, 12:08 PM
And if you come across a chap by the name of Mel Page (he's a Civil Contingencies Officer with the Staffs LRF) feel free to drop my name, we worked together at Essex a couple of years ago.

As they say it's who you know not what you know :lol:

But seriously it can be a great ice breaker if contacting someone for the first time.

m.page@staffordshirefire.gov.uk

http://www.staffordshireprepared.gov.uk/

Tony Ferrari
15-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Whilst looking at the Staffordshire LRF website, I followed a link to Staffordshire Search and Rescue, the County's Lowland SAR Team and noticed some interesting facts

first off the quote:

Additionally we provide fully equipped 4x4 Vehicles to assist with evacuation, recovery & logistics during adverse weather wherever we may be required

Now that sounds suspiciously like what we do?

No wonder when I then discovered the statement:

From humble beginnings as members of the Staffordshire & Shropshire Land Rover Club Rover-Rescue Unit, and now an independent charity (since 2004),

So it could be worth making contact?

http://www.staffssearchandrescue.org/St ... lcome.html (http://www.staffssearchandrescue.org/Staffordshire_Search_%26_Rescue_Team/Welcome.html)

kevinstorr
10-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I've tried contacting Staffordshire LRF to look at joining/ supporting them but never had a reply.

So in the end I joined 4x4Response Wales but a West Mids group would also be of interest.

TimChilde
11-01-2010, 12:01 AM
There is now a West Midlands group - though you've probably realised that if you're looking around the site.

I'm assuming you've now found us on here, but if not then shout up ;)

ChasDWarren
17-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Simon,

I've just joined & would be interested in a Shropshire Group. I also drive a Disco & have all the usual kit. I'm already a volunteer driver for my local police in case of bad weather, etc. I live near Shawbury, so we are only 30 mins or so apart. Officially I'm retired (early at 51 a couple of years ago) though I do a few bits of tree surgery, consultancy, etc, etc. Would certainly be interested in a Shropshire Group. Would be good to talk.

Chas

TimChilde
17-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi Chas

Shropshire currently comes under West Midlands, so that's what to look out for on here.

We've got a meeting tomorrow night, but I realise that is short notice so don't worry if you can't get there. We'd be happy to have you involved.

Quick cut and paste, plus showing off with forum tags and;

Next WM4x4R meeting : 18/1/10 19.30pm at the Bell at Tong 1 mile from junction 3 of the M54 on the A41. On the left if coming from the motorway head towards Weston Park. Postcode for your satnav is TF11 8PSÂ*