PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Isle of Man

MattIOM
17-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi there,

The Isle of Man Foul Wheel Drive club is looking to setup a Response group in the next couple of months. We've had a long standing agreement in place for the last 20 years with our local Civil Defence but over recent years it's tailed off as those that were involved in setting it up have moved on. A few events over the last year where the club has been called in to help have spark new interest so we thought it would be better to make it official through an Island 4x4 Response Group supported by the excellent guidance provided here.

Cheers,

Matt Tee

Jim Wallace
17-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi Matt welcome and good luck with the new group

Tony Ferrari
17-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Matt

North West 4x4 Response did have a "nominal" presence on the Island but I believe he is now back on the Mainland :lol:

As an Emergency Manager I have always been interested in the situation on the Isle of Man as the only part of the British Isles to still have a Civil Defence Force, so it's good to find out what the actual situation is like.

Look forward to hearing about how things develop.

Tony

StephenCuthbert
18-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Hi Matt and welcome

Having recently setup a response team for Bedfordshire & Cambridgeshire over the past few months with the help of members of this forum I would like to offer assistance to start paying that back; so if we can assist please shout.

Regards

Stephen

MattIOM
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

The island was hit with it's first decent blast of snow over night. Even though we're still in the preliminary stages of setting up the response group we've still had a very busy morning.

Throughout the course of the day so far we've helped out all 3 of the emergency services in one context or another. It's been an excellent day for raising our profile and I expect we'll get busier if the next wave of snow hits as predicted at the end of the week.