Go Back   4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK (https://www.4x4response.info/forums.php)
-   News (https://www.4x4response.info/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   MoU Signed (https://www.4x4response.info/showthread.php?t=3762)

John M 07-06-2012 11:06 AM

MoU Signed

After many revisions and months, we are very happy to report that V4x4R today signed our MoU with the folllowing core members:

IW Council
IW NHS
IW Fire
Hampshire & IOW Police
HMCG

The above members form the Island Resillience Forum, which in turn flows into Hampshire LRF.

Patrick Molloy 07-06-2012 11:37 AM

Thats really excellent news! well done to all those involved.

Andy Harvey 07-06-2012 11:52 AM

Well done John.

Cheers
Andy

nigel leyland 07-06-2012 12:04 PM

Not without some considerable effort I guess, well done to all and next time it should be more of a formallity.

Darmain 07-06-2012 02:34 PM

Well done John and Co. If you're helping the Police out down there then you will need either the IOW version of the Highway Code or a remotely controlled turret mounted machine gun. This to sort out the shocking driving on the Island. This week I've seen -

2 off - Delibrately jumping of a red traffic signal.
2 off - Overtaking (me) in a 30, when I was doing 30.
1 off - Very near miss (not me, I was behind) cause by total careless driving. This had me standing on the brakes even though I wasn't at risk.
1 off - Being forced to reverse round a blind bend by a person {heavily censored description} who absolutely refused to give way even though I had right of way. They then drove off without saying thanks.
Upteen tailgating, even in heavy rail, even though Warrior was risking aquaplaning.

Use the wreckage from you slaying activities to shore up those crumbling cliffs!!!

John M 07-06-2012 02:44 PM

Nothing new there.

Andy Harvey 07-06-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darmain (Post 44954)
Well done John and Co. If you're helping the Police out down there then you will need either the IOW version of the Highway Code or a remotely controlled turret mounted machine gun. This to sort out the shocking driving on the Island. This week I've seen -

2 off - Delibrately jumping of a red traffic signal.
2 off - Overtaking (me) in a 30, when I was doing 30.
1 off - Very near miss (not me, I was behind) cause by total careless driving. This had me standing on the brakes even though I wasn't at risk.
1 off - Being forced to reverse round a blind bend by a person {heavily censored description} who absolutely refused to give way even though I had right of way. They then drove off without saying thanks.
Upteen tailgating, even in heavy rail, even though Warrior was risking aquaplaning.

Use the wreckage from you slaying activities to shore up those crumbling cliffs!!!

Dave.

Somewhat similar to the driving in Cheltenham then!

Darmain 07-06-2012 03:53 PM

Maybe we can get a National deal on weaponary!! :D

BobWessex 09-06-2012 06:16 AM

Well done John

Darmain 09-06-2012 08:51 AM

Another issue with the IOW highway code is that yellow lines are there to make the roads look pretty. They are, on no account, anything to do with parking restrictions!! Meeting with John this evening to discuss battle plans. :D