PDA

View Full Version : New Guy touching base

David Mallalieu
13-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi All,

It is about time I introduced myself, I have been keen to get involved in this for a few years, but kids, money etc prevented me from investing in my toy.

However, the good lady has granted me a budget and hopefully on Friday I will be the proud new owner of an Expedition Prepared Disco V8, '97 vintage!

A little about me, I am an electronics engineer by trade now, but used to be a Police officer in the Lancashire Force. Had an unfortunate incident and broke my back on duty. Fighting fit now (nearly 20yrs later) but at the time it was doom and gloom so went back to school whilst I recovered.

I am 37yrs old, father of 3, with a passion for old Saab's (I collect classic 900's, restore them, and then sell them to fund my other passion of racing them round circuits!).

In my younger days I was part of the Bolton Mountain Rescue team, St John's Ambulance etc and open water lifeguard, so not adverse to getting into the thick of it.

Hence my reason for looking into the 4x4 side of things. I am keen to get back involved with something worth while again, and if it can combine my passion for vehicles, outdoors and weather then even better!

Relocated to the SW, now living in Stroud, hoping to meet up with the Gloucester crew next Tuesday if possible, and hopefully be in my new toy!

I look forward to meeting you all soon and popping my offroad cherry!

David (aka FUBES).

stephendrabble
13-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Welcome fella..

Steve WE32

Teresa Herefordshire
13-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Welcome! And get some pics posted of your new toy! :D

Russ laye
13-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi welcome aboard

stephendrabble
14-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Hi All,

However, the good lady has granted me a budget and hopefully on Friday I will be the proud new owner of an Expedition Prepared Disco V8, '97 vintage!

David (aka FUBES).

ooh well under the thumb there Dave.. but i know the feeling! LOL

David Mallalieu
14-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi All,

David (aka FUBES).

ooh well under the thumb there Dave.. but i know the feeling! LOL

Not quite under the thumb, just a healthy respect of the good ladies wishes. I tend to find these things go easier with blessing rather than confrontation. (right, that should cover me in case she reads this thread :twisted: )

[/coat]

David.