PDA

View Full Version : Highland 4X4 Response

CLUNYKNOX
17-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi

I am a member of the scottish 4x4 forum based in the highlands their is a few of us wanting to set up a response team we have just started the ball rolling if anybody would like to join and help out please contact myself we are going to meet up some where in inverness on 06/02/10 venue to be confirmed

Thanks

Andrew

contact andrewknox212@btinternet.com

Paul Johns
17-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Well done & Welcome

All the Best PJ

Roz
17-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys, I'm also on the Scottish4x4forum, but some of you might know me from LRBoards.

We're in the very early stages at the moment, but hopefully we can get a response group established in the Highlands

CLUNYKNOX
19-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi thanks for that we are just trying to organise our first meeting to see how many people want to join I will post time and place nearer the time

CLUNYKNOX
20-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi all I spoke to the Northern Constabulary & Highland Emergency planning to day and they are both very interested in us setting up a 4x4 response group

jon mcghee
31-01-2010, 10:07 AM
hello all, will be attending the response group meeting in inverness,know as jonmcghee on the scottish 4x4 board, hopfully a lot of intrest and first meet will go well.

tat2_al
06-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Just popping in to say I thought todays meeting went really well.

Al

jon mcghee
06-02-2010, 07:32 PM
First meeting went well, intrested party's signed up, myself included.

CLUNYKNOX
06-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi all thanks to every body that turned up today any body that was unable to atend can contact us on highlandresponse@btinternet.com for info

Foxy1961
06-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi Andrew,

Many congratulations on a job well done...from the Scottish Borders 4x4 Response Team.

Mel

jon mcghee
10-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Things are going from strengh to strengh, with 12 members sighed up so far, andrew is working had setting up meetings with local council and police, web site is in the process of being written by another member, committee is growing to name just a few.

I hope Andrew does not mind but thank you Mel for the words of support.

Jon

WarrenWE02
10-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Things are going from strengh to strengh, with 12 members sighed up so far, andrew is working had setting up meetings with local council and police, web sight is in the process of being written by another member, committee is growing to name just a few.

I hope Andrew does not mind but thankyou Mel for the words of support.

Jon

Best of luck with it all Jon. I like your group logo, very stylish indeed.

Cheers

Warren

jon mcghee
10-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Best of luck with it all Jon. I like your group logo, very stylish indeed.

Cheers

Warren

Thankyou Warren, not sure if it was Andrew and/or Steve (chairman and co chairman) that came up with it but i have to agree it does look good, thanks for the best wishes.

Jon

BobWessex
10-02-2010, 05:34 PM
So between Highlands, COTAG, Scottish Borders and Strathclyde have you got it all covered now?

jamie.read
10-02-2010, 05:58 PM
So between Highlands, COTAG, Scottish Borders and Strathclyde have you got it all covered now?

still really the north and south(ish) covered, room across the central belt for a few more groups (i.e tayside)

nigel leyland
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
How are Lothian getting allong.....or have they amalgamated with another group?

Nigel.

Foxy1961
10-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I emailed Colin who is the controller of the Lothian group but as yet I've had no reply, but what I can tell you is that they haven't merged with the Scottish Borders Team.

nigel leyland
10-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks Mel, I thought it had been a tad quiet from that area lately.....maybe he didn't get enough initial response!

Nigel.

Tony Ferrari
10-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Lothian have applied for registration and we have had a tentative enquiry from Tayside about a group, so things are looking good North of the border.

ColinR
14-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi All,

Lothians are going well, we have a meeting this week and over 20 members. Discussions are ongoing with different bodies regarding the team.

Regards, Colin.

Tony Ferrari
14-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks Colin

Do keep us up to date with what's going on. Same applies for all groups really. If you have anything you want publicising/promoting/or just want to shout about PM to Bob Hatcher (Bob Wessex) who can stick it in the "News" section.

jon mcghee
14-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks Tony

i dont think there is to much to update, first interview with papers (Press and journal) was done on sat by chairman and deputy chairman, ment to be in mondays paper, still waiting for them to send a cheque into 4x4 response furom to join fully, websight has been started and is looking great, we are about 15 members so far, first funrasing event will be on the 7th March at whitebridge and will be combining that with a meeting.

Other than that just trying to set up meetings with people around the area to get us established.

jon

jamie.read
15-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi Jon,

looking at your joining date things seem to be moving very quickly for your group, so, i just want to ask what were the first steps you took? i.e did you get together with the guys first, or did you approach the authorities first to get them on board?

jon mcghee
15-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi Jon,

looking at your joining date things seem to be moving very quickly for your group, so, i just want to ask what were the first steps you took? i.e did you get together with the guys first, or did you approach the authorities first to get them on board?

hi jay,

I would suggest you talk to Steve or Andrew (chairman & dep chairman) as they are the ones that came up with the idea and they will probably be better to advise you, on what they did first. Give them an email on highlandresponse@btinternet.com and im sure they will be happy to help.

Jon

Roz
15-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Article in todays paper: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1604030?UserKey=

jon mcghee
10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Have we a group rep yet set up?

tat2_al
15-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Is that you volunteering Jon?

jon mcghee
15-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Is that you volunteering Jon?

not that i know, just we should have responder not junior member, i am not sure if its Andrew we pm or we need to sort a rep out?

Simon Bentley
15-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Have you set up a committee yet? If so it would usually be the chairman who would be your rep, if not who's handing out mebership numbers and signing people up etc - they can do t for now.

jon mcghee
16-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks, will pm Andrew as he is the chairman on here.

jon mcghee
30-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Still waiting to get up graded to responder and how do we go about getting highland 4x4 response in the scottish section? or does that have to come from rep too?

Simon Bentley
30-03-2010, 09:03 PM
We currently seem to only have 2 members from highland on here yourself and Al Beaton.

There is Scottish section for all Scottish members to use. Given that thus far there have only been 7 posts total in this area I do not think it really warrants separate forums - if it does later then separate forums will be created. If highland have their own forum etc elsewhere we can put a link in to that in that in the same way as Lothian have a link to their FB page.

jon mcghee
31-03-2010, 07:15 AM
We currently seem to only have 2 members from highland on here yourself and Al Beaton.

There is Scottish section for all Scottish members to use. Given that thus far there have only been 7 posts total in this area I do not think it really warrants separate forums - if it does later then separate forums will be created. If highland have their own forum etc elsewhere we can put a link in to that in that in the same way as Lothian have a link to their FB page.

Sorry it was within the scottish secection i ment. but i take it i can not post in this because I am still under junior member. I know our web sight if nearly ready to go live, and i would expect Andrew will link web address when ready.

Simon Bentley
31-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I have upgraded Andrew Knox to group rep, but he has yet to set his group as Highland.

Roz
05-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Make that 3 from Highland!
I've been a bit quiet lately as I've been out of the country, but I'm back now.

Unfortunately scottish4x4forum seems to have dissapeared off the face of the earth, so I'm not sure what's happening at the moment.

jon mcghee
05-04-2010, 11:07 PM
As far as know steve is working on it to get back on line.

Roz
06-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks John

jon mcghee
06-04-2010, 08:32 PM
we are back up:D

and response web site is also up

www.highland4x4response.co.uk

jon mcghee
03-05-2010, 10:28 PM
hi all,
just to update web sight is up and running, 10 full members so far with more in pipe line, admin here has been pm by our rep to say all this but has no response, our first training day was yesterday (sun 2nd), we are in talks with local police force, so we are getting there slow but sure, and going for charity status to help with funding etc, and also in talks with other groups that might need our help.

if you would like to know more pop on and have a look,

http://www.highland4x4response.co.uk/

and for chat

http://www.scottish4x4forum.com/

nigel leyland
05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the update Jon, web site seems to coming along......you'll just be waiting for the next great influx of members now...they should come along with the snow, so any day now then...!!!!

Nigel.

CLUNYKNOX
06-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi just a quick update we have 20 members now with a few more wanting to join

jon mcghee
22-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi Andrew,
Will be at the meeting but as i'm not been upgraded to responder yet:confused: cant reply under our section in highland 4x4 response (scotland)

jon mcghee
30-09-2010, 04:38 PM
We have been busy up here, (i would post under scottish section but not able to yet, i know you busy) we are up to about 18 members, committee all set up, just about to go on line for this winter, about to sigh a Memorandum of Understanding with Northern Constabulary, setting up sms for call outs, driver training and equipment cheak is on the 6th Nov, id cards are hopfully being sorted out (we have had to buy our own printer), applyed for charity status, first aid traning for all members is in hand and in the process of sorting out all the handbooks etc etc.

Bound to be more but that will do for start