PDA

View Full Version : Which Is The Best Team For Me?

Peter_Morgan
20-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi all, I'm new here and I'm keen to join a response team. I live on the border of three counties namely Warwickshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire. I notice that Warks doesn't have a team and I don't feel that I'm the right person to start one, so that leaves Northants and Leicester. I know that you can join one team and still be called upon by others so does it make a difference which one I join? Does the fact that I'm ex- EMT (Beds and Herts Amb, 10 years ago) and therefore an experienced member of a "First response" team make any difference? I drive an Discovery 2.5 TDI auto with General grabber AT2's, does that make a difference?

I eagerly await your recommendations. Thanks very much, Pete

Teresa Herefordshire
20-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Welcome Pete!

My advice on how to choose ...

The first one to reply.

The first one to have a meeting.

The one whose meeting is nearest to you.

The one with the nicest stickers

Whichever one you prefer! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Seriously I'd suggest if they both have meetings fairly soon, go to both, meet them, have a chat and see who you feel you get on best with. You can shop around a while and register an interest with both, then decide.

One group seems to have Jeep tendencies lately but I'm sure they're lovely really! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_twisted.gif

Your experience, suitable vehicle and tyres sound great whichever you decide on.

nigel leyland
20-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I was in the middle of posting and lost the router connection....no point in me now repeating the above...

Welcome to the forum and hopefully you'll find the best team for you.

Nigel.

robin-baldwin
20-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Welcome Pete,

Choose your group as Theresa says. Anyone with any 4x4 and some experience of using it in bad conditions or the willingness to learn is welcome here

Roger Bentley
20-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the 4x4 Response Forum. As far as the best team goes for you, well the Leicestershire and Rutland group has just formed to the North of you and West Midlands to the West of you.

We are having our first Leics and Rutland meeting on the 29th January if you are interested in meeting some of us.Details are in the new teams section under the Liecestershire bit.

Regards, Roger.

Peter_Morgan
21-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for your responses folks, I've decided on Northampton as I'm closer to NGH. Also, living on the outskirts of the county, I feel I could be put to good use in the rural area between home and the hospital.

Alasdair, would you mind updating my profile. I've added my call sign and a picture.

Thanks again to you all.

Peter_Morgan
21-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Cor... things happen quick round here, don't they! Thanks Alasdair