PDA

View Full Version : How do I read private messages on new forum?

DavePrice
19-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Dear All,
I have just spotted that on the new forum under "private messages" for me it says "0 New PMS. You have a total of 2 of 250 allowed". However, not matter what I try to look at I can't see any private messages..... My "inbox" is shown as empty, my sent box shows as empty and I can't seem to find any other messages boxes to look in.... Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Dave Price
Private Messages (http://www.4x4response.info/private.php)0 New PMs. You have 2 total out of 250 allowed.

Simon Bentley
19-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Hmm not sure - we can't read your PMs even if we wanted to so I am not able to have a look - perhaps Patrick can shed some light when he comes on.

If you click on "Private Message" in the header of the box you refer to on the RHS you should be taken to any PMs you have - if this doesn't do it I'm not sure will have to see what Pat says.

jason naylor
19-02-2010, 06:01 PM
i KNOW they can on pocuk, but i seem to have the same problem, i have 29 stored messages but can't find them anywhere. same as above, no inbox or sent messages.

can we go back to the old forum now :lol: first time in here had to reset blumming password as it kept saying it was wrong, but i KNOW that was right as well.

DavePrice
19-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Dear Simon, Thanks for reply.
simon said...."If you click on "Private Message" in the header of the box you refer to on the RHS you should be taken to any PMs you have - if this doesn't do it I'm not sure will have to see what Pat says."
That's what I've been trying to do.
When I do that though it has the remark about 2 of 250, but also says (Folder Empty) and there is a "jumpt to folder" selector which offers inbox and sent but both of those are empty. I'm using Internet Explorer 8 at present on Windows XP. I could try other browsers on other operating systems...
I did have some "old" PMs on previous system from a couple of folks...
Thanks, Dave Price

mark avo
19-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Same here, it seems to have carried the count over from the old forum but not the messages.

WessexMario
19-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Mine's the same - I supposedly have 24 PM's but can't see any of them.
Now one of them should be the one that was sent to me this morning, so that's even more weird, as it couldn't have been lost in the conversion.

Simon Bentley
19-02-2010, 06:48 PM
We found today (after the PM Mario refers to) that the whole PM system had corrupted in te transfer - headngs were correct but content of the PMs had been swapped with other users PMs etc.

As this was a potential security and DPA issue we had to take the decision to delete all PMs. It appears that this has left some issues with PM counts which will be looked into.

DavePrice
19-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Dear Simon, I thinbk you did the correct think then with old messages. I think there may still be some oddities though. I have tried to send a PM to reply (using quick reply) to one from "WessexMario" but my outgoing one does not seem to be in my sent message box. Dave Price

WessexMario
19-02-2010, 08:37 PM
DaveP,
Go to 'Control Panel', 'Edit Options', 'Messaging & Notification'
There you'll find a checkbox 'Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder.
The default is not to , which is why it's not there.

Dave L
19-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Fair enough but I was unaware that I had any PMs, it now says I had 2 (which I know I hadn't read) are they lost completely?

Thanks

Dave

Jim Wallace
19-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I got 105 deleted them but they are still there

Simon Bentley
19-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I got 105 deleted them but they are still there

actually still there or do you mean report that there are 105 there but there aren't? in which case we will look at that in due course.

Jim Wallace
19-02-2010, 09:05 PM
It reports they are still there but there are no messages in my account

DavePrice
19-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Dear WessexMario, Thanks. I did not know there was such a settting. I'll go and look now.
Dave Price