PDA

View Full Version : New forum

Teresa Herefordshire
21-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm lost and can't find anything on here. :confused: it's taken me two days to log in!

Is there anything that shows recent posts or am I missing something obvious?

David Sparkes
21-02-2010, 11:09 PM
My sympathies. I understand there is still 'work in progress'.
Look down the Right Hand Side, there is a box called User CP. In that box is a link to New Posts, for the moment, ignore the number and just click 'New Posts'. The resulting screen will probably show 'everything', but it seems to be an essential first step for the system to count everything.
On the next visit click the same link and you will have a much more manageable number to read.

Alternatively, and it's what I am doing at the moment. Go to the page that shows all the forums. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and make yourself familiar with the icon that indicates 'Forum Contains New Posts'. Now scroll back up the page and look at those Forums which both display that Icon, AND refer to areas you want to read about.

When you see a list of topics within that forum, look just to the left of the Topic title, you will see a small white symbol. It's supposed to be a downwarn pointing arrow head, indicating 'there's more below'. Remember this symbol because it appears elsewhere. Hover your mouse over the symbol and a pop-up will announce 'Go to first unread post' or similar. Click the symbol and that's where you end up!

Hope This Helps.

Teresa Herefordshire
21-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Thank you, yes that helps a lot.:)

Hadn't spotted the new posts in User CP. (Whatever that stands for ...?)

David Sparkes
21-02-2010, 11:58 PM
CP = Control Panel, which is where you set your preferences, options, etc.

robin-baldwin
22-02-2010, 10:17 PM
The new 'buttons' make the forum much easier to use and I suppose we are all getting used to it's different features.
Well done lads, keep up the good work.

Tony Ferrari
25-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Yes it's a shame we have had to move but as staying with the previous format would have cost $150 a year for a licence (it was on Alasdairs licence) and we had to move the website anyway (it was on both Alasdairs server and used his software) it was worthwhile doing both at the same time. There have been a few glitches but we are getting them sorted so please bear with us and thank you all for your patience.

Tony

mark avo
25-02-2010, 09:50 AM
The 'view new posts' sw is definatley shakey at best. It Seems to not be ablle to tell what I have & havent read.

Has anyone found the 'mark everything as read' type button so I can 'clear down' ???

peter willis
25-02-2010, 10:37 AM
yes under the Regional Forums in the dark orange strip

theres a mark every thing read thats what i use works ok

pete