PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Sunny (sometimes) Northern Ireland

CJ4x4NI
06-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi folks

CJ here from Bangor in Northern Ireland.

I'm in the local 4wd club (www.4wdni.co.uk (http://www.4wdni.co.uk)) and am the current Frontera Owners Group Ireland rep.

I run a 1993 Frontera 2.4i LWB with a few choice mods, more to come in the future.

Love RTV events and playing up mountains in my truck.

Very interested in being involved in 4x4 Response group over here - so if anyone is trying to set one up let me know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/colin16v/Fronty/ToccoPhoto0126.jpg

Tony Ferrari
06-10-2008, 12:33 PM
CJ

Glad to hear there is an interest on the other side of the Irish Sea :D

To my knowledge you are the first person we have had to express an interest from Northern Ireland but hopefully this will bring a few more out of the woodwork and perhaps with a view to getting a group started.

I visited NI for the first time this year and given the terrain and very rural nature of much of the country, it certainly looks like 4x4 Response would have a role to play.

I did get a bit confused by everyone referring to the Discovery I was in as a " Land Rover jeep". I assume you have a "Frontera jeep" :mrgreen:

CJ4x4NI
06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Correct - people over here use Jeep as a generic term. I know a few LR owners who get very touchy about it - the old anglo-american divide! :evil:

My car is an Isuzu in my eyes, for example. Sounds better built than a VX :lol:

A few from 4WDNI have already raised it as an interesting idea to form a 4x4Response group - and I'll try and drum up some solid comittments and come back to y'all.

So when do we get the free Disco's? ;)

Tony Ferrari
06-10-2008, 02:27 PM
So when do we get the free Disco's? ;)

What you want a TATA?

Or is it a free dance you're after :lol:

Tony Ferrari
06-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Excellent! I couldn't view the picture from work due to the paranoid security settings but I can now see you could be a useful man to know in a flood!

BobWessex
06-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Welcome,

If you do manage to get a group up and running in your neck of the woods that would mean that we have truly "National coverage" let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you.