PDA

View Full Version : Hello from S. E. Wales

BigLewie
20-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Hi people,

Became a member earlier this month and got stuck in this weekend with call outs for the Gwent team of response wales in the gwent area and Cardiff University Hospital. So guessing already a member of the Gwent team, is there a monmouthshire team? Also hereford guys get in touch as im on your southern boarder!

Am based inbetween Abergavenny and Monmouth and am already a part of mountain rescue and lifeboat team in Chepstow. The idea of 4x4 response is amazing and the work i have already seen being done is awe inspiring.

If your near me and want to say hello just holla!!

Im normally found in my black V8i Discovery 1 with winch bumper and mud plugger tyres with Mountain Rescue or Search and Rescue signs in the windows

Laters
Lewis

WessexMario
20-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Am based inbetween Abergavenny and Monmouth
If your near me and want to say hello just holla!!

If you'd posted 24 hrs earlier I might well have done.
Last night I had to send two responders up to to Pontypool from the wrong side of Bristol to fetch a paramedic to bring him to work on this side of the river.

Welcome to the manic world of 4x4 Response. :D

Llywellyn.Wales
20-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Hello And Welcome

You will probably see me around Abergavenny Monmouth area, as I'm based in Abergavenny most of the time (know the area pretty well). Seem to be spending a fair bit of time in the valleys the last few days :rolleyes:

I believe from what i understand that the Gwent team which im part of) covers the old county of Gwent (or Gwent police force area) so monmouthshire is encompassed.

You'll see me around in a Green SWB Daihatsu Fourtrak (with winch bumper coming soon)

Paul Johns
20-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Welcome to 4x4 Response

Stay safe

Andy_H
20-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum and to 4x4RW Glynn.

Regards,

Andy

BigLewie
22-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi Llwyellyn, if ever you are out green laning drop me a line. PM me!!

As for the others hope to see you as soon as i can get out driving again after my ankle op... should be mid Jan

jamie.read
22-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi Lewis, I`m occasionally in Chepstow as a mate owns 7 acres of woodland just outside, a long trek, yes, but I love wales, and being in the woods, and tree felling, and processing said trees, an camping..... shut up jamie!
Hi Lewis!

WarrenWE02
22-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Hi Lewis, I`m occasionally in Chepstow as a mate owns 7 acres of woodland just outside, a long trek, yes, but I love wales, and being in the woods, and tree felling, and processing said trees, an camping..... shut up jamie!
Hi Lewis!

Lumberjack song anyone...?:D

Dave_M0YAA
22-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi Glynn, i'm ex-4x4 Response Wales (Blackwood) myself before i returned "home" to Lincolnshire.

You'll find there a decent enough bunch in the Gwent mob.