PDA

View Full Version : Fife 4x4 Response

Renny Thomson
01-03-2011, 06:04 PM
We are looking at establishing a group to cover Fife. It was originally the Tayside group's intention to cover this area but they decided it was too big a geographical area. There has been a lot of 4x4 support from the local RAYNET group to the LA but it was suggested that a 4x4 Response group would be a better option to operate under. We hope to get some assistance in establishing the group from Tayside and could have about 10 members up and ready quite quickly. The biggest issues will be the paperwork and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigator
01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
As we at Strathclyde are just going through the start-up process ourselves we will give you any help we can. Good luck!

jamie.read
01-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice one Renny, I have mentioned this to the national trustees already, they were all a massive help to us. And of course we will help where possible, we are after all, going to be neighbours! :)

kilty
01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Well done Renny-have fun ;)

BobWessex
01-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Renny,

Speaking as a national trustee we would be happy to see any "uncovered areas" develop a team. Can I suggest though that you might find it easier to be part of Tayside, simply because as each group has a number of roles to fill a larger group can find more 'volunteers' for each role, i.e. membership sec, chairman Treasurer etc. However it is clear that Tayside will be there to support you.

jamie.read
01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Well said Bob, I think I speak on behalf of everyone at Tayside when I say we`d be very happy to accept members from fife, but equally, we would support any group formed if you feel a seperate team is the way to go.

redrascal
01-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Well said jamie. I agree. We are here to help either way. Good luck guys.

Renny Thomson
01-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi Renny,

Speaking as a national trustee we would be happy to see any "uncovered areas" develop a team. Can I suggest though that you might find it easier to be part of Tayside, simply because as each group has a number of roles to fill a larger group can find more 'volunteers' for each role, i.e. membership sec, chairman Treasurer etc. However it is clear that Tayside will be there to support you.
Thanks Bob for your advice. We have already spoken to Jamie about this and feel that operationally, there are advantages on working on a geographical area. Fife's boundaries are quite well defined, separating us from our neighbours in Tayside and Lothians. We have probably got a core of individuals who will be able and willing to take on the "management" roles, and hope to utilise the experience of the Fife RAYNET group members who have historically assisted the local authority with logistic support but are, to an extent, hampered by their national groups remit. However we might be worthwhile to set up as satellite of Tayside initially.
We also know from first hand experience that when calls for assistance during the recent bad weather, the existing Lothians group were unable to help in Fife due to the demands placed on them by services south of the Forth. I also am aware that there were offers of 4x4 assistance from volunteers living in Fife which the council and NHS Board were unable to utilise due to a lack of coordination.
In my work I have good links with the Council Emergency Planning Officer and was the main user of the 4x4 assistance from not only RAYNET, but also the Countryside Rangers and Coastguard.
I think a Fife Group is feasible and sustainable.

ColinR
01-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks Bob for your advice. We have already spoken to Jamie about this and feel that operationally, there are advantages on working on a geographical area. Fife's boundaries are quite well defined, separating us from our neighbours in Tayside and Lothians. We have probably got a core of individuals who will be able and willing to take on the "management" roles, and hope to utilise the experience of the Fife RAYNET group members who have historically assisted the local authority with logistic support but are, to an extent, hampered by their national groups remit. However we might be worthwhile to set up as satellite of Tayside initially.
We also know from first hand experience that when calls for assistance during the recent bad weather, the existing Lothians group were unable to help in Fife due to the demands placed on them by services south of the Forth. I also am aware that there were offers of 4x4 assistance from volunteers living in Fife which the council and NHS Board were unable to utilise due to a lack of coordination.
In my work I have good links with the Council Emergency Planning Officer and was the main user of the 4x4 assistance from not only RAYNET, but also the Countryside Rangers and Coastguard.
I think a Fife Group is feasible and sustainable.

Renny just to correct you Lothian 4x4 Response did help in Fife when asked, also on one occaison when no resources were available locally we sent two vehicles over to assist when an anbulance was stuck, they were stood down as they crossed the bridge. We also have a couple of members from Fife.

Renny Thomson
02-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Apologies Colin, I hope that Lothians can assist us in establishing the Fife group and we'd appreciate help and hope the groups can work together.

CLUNYKNOX
02-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi I think you are right we should all be working together it is good to be on your own but Bob is right as well it might be easier to set up with Tayside or Lothian as your boinderies over lap a bit but if you want any help we are just give us a shout and we will try and help
Andrew

jamie.read
03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Well, thats Scotland almost covered, apart from Dumfries & Galloway(?) I think..... Anyone down that way want to get a group started? There must be someone down there who`d be up for it, especially with all the floods etc they get!

Navigator
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe not quite Scotland almost covered - no word from these chaps yet !!!

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/19828/logo%20rockall%20small.png

jamie.read
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Maybe not quite Scotland almost covered - no word from these chaps yet !!!

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/19828/logo%20rockall%20small.png

Never heard of `em Stuart..... or is this a wind-up?

BobWessex
03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Never heard of `em Stuart..... or is this a wind-up?

Length 31 m (102 ft) Width 25.3 m (83 ft)
:):):):)

Navigator
03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
. . . . and 200 miles west of Outer Hebrides!

jamie.read
03-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Ah way out in the atlantic.... is it part of scotland?

jamie.read
03-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Length 31 m (102 ft) Width 25.3 m (83 ft)
:):):):)

You could get one vehicle on there, might not see much action though!

Tony Ferrari
03-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Sorry lads, you're all too late. Jock McPorridge has been in touch to say he is now operational and is hoping his handbrake will hold!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t9/MadCowPhotos/miscellaneous%20stuff/rockall4x4Response.jpg

jamie.read
03-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Good man Jock, parcel of wheel chocks and chocolate bars on its way! :)

redrascal
03-03-2011, 10:48 PM
and a sticker

WessexMario
04-03-2011, 03:44 PM
We'll also need to send him a District Nurse when it snows...

Navigator
04-03-2011, 03:49 PM
But he will get free prescriptions from 1st next month. :D

jamie.read
04-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Errm.... I think we`ve totally dragged this thread to another dimension! Sorry Renny :(

Renny Thomson
04-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Errm.... I think we`ve totally dragged this thread to another dimension! Sorry Renny :(

No problems. I'll drag it back once we have some news. LOL

Tony Ferrari
05-03-2011, 05:51 PM
OK lets get back on track, what do you want to use as your national identifier / call sign?

How about Foxtrot Romeo (FR) for Fife Response?

Renny Thomson
05-03-2011, 08:10 PM
FR sounds good to me.

Tony Ferrari
06-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Good, I can get the map up to date now!

Renny Thomson
07-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Could any Groups who are willing to share some of their documentation with us as we establish the Fife Group please forward the documents to me?

We'd appreciate sample constitutions and details of how to register as a charity.

Many Thanks,

Renny

jamie.read
07-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Renny visit our website and take a look for doc`s on the membership page. As for our constitution, DianaB has done a lot of hard work ensuring it will fulfill all requirements when applying for charitable status. Pm me your email addy and I`ll forward a copy

Renny Thomson
07-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Jamie, I've downloaded your stuff and changed it to "Fife". Grateful for the help. Diana is good to have on board, I was on the Scottish Hillrally Club committee with her.

We're hoping to meet with Fife EPO and RAYNET soon

BobWessex
07-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Could any Groups who are willing to share some of their documentation with us as we establish the Fife Group please forward the documents to me?

We'd appreciate sample constitutions and details of how to register as a charity.

Many Thanks,

Renny

This should give you something to get your teeth into
Wessex4x4response.org.uk/forms
(http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/forms/)

Renny Thomson
13-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks to all who have offered help.
Tonight the Fife RAYNET group met and discussed the setting up of a group. The agreed to support establishing the group and the Council EPO is also in favour.
We hope to meet with the EPO in the next couple of weeks and then establish a management committee, with offers from folks already to get involved.

redrascal
13-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Well done. That's the first hurdle over. Great news.

jamie.read
13-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Nice one guys! Keep us posted :)