PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Stoke

MattBarnes
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi all

Just a quick hello from Stoke.

Found this site via a member from a Freelander forum and thought it would be a good place to come and visit.

Been driving 4x4's for years with my job, mainly 110 Defenders Truck Cabs with spraying equipment in the back and allways liked 4x4's.

Took the plunge a few months ago to get one so ended up with a Freelander. Yes i know they arnt rated as a proper 4x4 etc but the wife wouldnt let me get the V8 Disco i wanted as it was "too big" and we dont need it (also have a huge power Seat Leon FR TDi as well).

Anyway hope to get online as regular as poss and use the car as it should.

Matt

Chris C
05-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Matt welcome to the site!!!

Tony Ferrari
05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Matt and welcome

And don't let anyone tell you a Freelander isn't any good as a 4x4...... see below

lee sund
06-12-2008, 11:19 PM
hi and welcome :)

freelanders or any 4x4 are only as good as the person behind the wheel !! off roading is about planing the route ahead and just like racing drivers, walk it first. :geek:

Jamie_Hewison
07-12-2008, 01:49 PM
as said above, a 4x4 is only as good as the driver, i was driving my wifes clio through the snow a couple of days ago, there was a rangie p38 infront and i took the clio through snow where the other driver backed off, local road knowledge also plays a big part i think! :D

GrahamPowys
07-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi Jamie and welcome.

Powys 4x4 Response's totally mad Freelander driver!!