PDA

View Full Version : Just about to join

LinC
12-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi everyone

Met some great 4x4 Response guys at the C4H event. Got interested so now I'm waiting for my application form to join the Nottinghamshire group. Might as well make the Disco earn it's keep doing something useful. I'm already in the habit of towing people out of trouble when I come across them, especially in winter, but isn't that just usual for a 4X4 driver. (Or should I say 4x4 Anorak?)

Warm regards
Lin

trevmales
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
welcome along

jaegerdave
14-05-2012, 02:33 PM
hi out there just joined nhampton gang jaegerdave leighton buzzard

nigel leyland
17-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Welcome both, when you've had your membership accepted make sure your group rep updates your forum status so you have access to the responders areas.

gfos31
22-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Lin Its James Brown from the Notts 4X4 Committee, my wife Claire is the New Membership Secratery. It seems that your request for an application has not been received. If you send Claire an email to claire@gfos.co.uk or me jb@gfos.co.uk we will get the application off to you as soon as we have the email. Sorry that you have not had anything sooner. We are having a pub meet on the 31st of May at 7:30 at the Burntstump it would be great if you could come along. We were also at C4H's Great Weekend. Thanks again for your intrest in the club and hope to see you soon. James

LinC
24-05-2012, 09:32 PM
It's been bugging me for the last couple of days. Just had an epiphany about your forum handle - James Brown - Godfather of Soul !!!!!

gfos31
12-06-2012, 02:39 AM
You got it Lin i have had the domain registerd for years. Speak soon. james

LinC
12-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Just been upgraded to Responder so the thread title "Just about to join" is no longer valid. Being "Website User" has been an enjoyable expeience. Here's hoping that being Responder" will be infinitely more enjoyable - but this time it's for real!

Terrierking
24-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Hi Lic & James

I've just got round to up dating my profile, see you at the pub meeting next week...:)

gfos31
24-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Nice one Rog see you soon
James

Bertie Bassett
24-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I've owned Land Rovers since the late sixties and of course every winter help out where I can. Never heard of 4x4 Response until I saw it on someone's forum signature so here I am.

Seems a very worthwhile thing to do and the only thing that puts me off is having pub meet every month. The problem I have is a real phobia about pubs and just cant go in them (I daresay some will have a good laugh about it :rolleyes:), but it is a genuine phobia.

So my question is, are the pub meets an integral part of 4x4 Response?

LinC
30-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Regular meetings are an integral part of any organisation but they're not always in Pubs. (Mostly, but not always.) For example, our next meeting is in a bowling alley. If you're interested in joining us, pop an email to admin@notts4x4response.org and we can answer an questions you may have. Don't worry about phobias, we've all probably got one or two floating around.

dave - Crowborough
30-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Where did that come from? The question was last November!! :)

LinC
30-10-2013, 05:24 PM
The post only just appeared on my last access today!