PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Aylesbury Bucks

Cockney Boy
24-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi From Aylesbury, and as it stands since the bad weather ive been asked by the local Ambulance and Police to assist in recovering a few drowned cars and victims of the local flooding. Even though my truck is capable of going in water of over 3 feet id still think twice so why do people think they can drive their XC90 through 4 foot!!!

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt79/CockneyBoy/eaac2e0a.jpg

trevmales
24-12-2012, 02:31 PM
hi ive sent you a pm. herts is your local group, welcome along,

mark avo
24-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Wouldn't the Bucks bit make him Borg..?

Ps. Welcome, like the lightbar, very nice.

Cockney Boy
24-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi Mark

I've seen the Borg web site and TBH it's not a site for me. It wouldn't be fair to comment why, which is why I've registered here.

The light bar does make things different when it's turned on, I was asked to recover a car in a water logged field on Thursday by a friend at the Police station, they couldn't see the vehicle at first, then I turned on the 200 watts and there it was :) there not cheap but boy they're good

trevmales
24-12-2012, 05:17 PM
have sent your details on to membership secretary, trev

Andrew M HR143
24-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome Richard - Nice Truck!

Cockney Boy
24-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Cheers Andrew,

I found out what Jeep Stands for "Just empty every pocket" its a good truck but thirsty and parts can be expensive as most of them have to come from the States but it always puts a smile on my face when off roading

NickJennings
25-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Hello Richard,

IMHO BORG are an OK group. One can't necessarily get a true picture of a group just from th web site.
BORG are long established , 10 years I believe, are very active & I know many of their responders.
AT the end of the day it's up to the individual to choose , so good luck.
Regards

Nick Jennings

mark avo
25-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I have the slightly smaller version of the light so i know just how good they are.

With regard to group, id try popping to a couple of meetings of each then deciding what's best for you unless youve already made your mind up in which case, welcome to herts

Cockney Boy
26-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Plan to meet the Herts one in January to see how you guys operate