PDA

View Full Version : Hi and hello

Kev_Rook
13-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi all,

Just registered; live in the Peterborough area, with 17 year old teenage son, drive 98 defender 110.

Cheers

Kev

Kev_Rook
13-02-2009, 09:43 AM
No not yet but, not sure if there is one in my area, think the nearest is Northants, certainly like to get involved. I've contacted a Wesses4x4 member just to see what involved in setting a group up, and also going to contact the Northants group as the edge of their area is not that far away.

Kev_Rook
13-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Many thanks for the info, much appreciated. Have to admit never thought about the HY Group, living in South Lincolnshire (Peterborough is definitely in Cambridgeshire, it’s just that a large part of South Lincolnshire as a Peterborough post code – anyway we would never have P’bog in Lincolnshire :o , there a far to advanced society!! :lol: )

Good idea about being member of a number of different groups will look into that.

The contact with the Wessex Group was via a Land Rover site, I was thinking of doing something the last time they were in the news, but never got round to it, so this time I thought I’d get on a do it, and just like to know what was actually involved, but totally understand your comments about contacting you first and looking unprofessional.

On reflection think the best thing would be to join a group and get some direct experience and then see what the call is for a possible new group, so I’ll contact the ones mentioned and see what’s what.

Again, many thanks for info, very helpful.

Cheers

Kevin

Tony Ferrari
14-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Kev, welcome to the forum.

I believe Bob (Wessex) had been in contact with some of the ex CORAG* members about resurecting 4x4 Response in Cambridgeshire.

I'm sure he will post if he has information.

At present we have been doing our best to help out in Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire over the last couple of weeks but I did have to turn down a request to get ambulance service staff from various Cambridgeshire locations to Huntingdon last week. In the conditions it was just stretching our resources a bit too far. Luckily the Red Cross were able to send a 4x4 from Bury St Edmunds!

Mind you Mike (HT03) and Nick (HT25) were in action assisting traffic on the Gog Magog Hills near Cambridge on Thursday Night! They were commandeered by Cambs Police on their way home from work.

*Cambridgeshire Off Road(sic) Assistance Group

Chris C
14-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi welcome!!!!

I have at least 5 members that are on the Cambs border if not in Cambs!!!

If you want a chat give me a call on 07841 800262 I know at least 2 members inquired about a Cambs team at out Pub meet on Thu!!

MattN Wessex
14-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Kev,

I'm guessing it was you who I spoke to on the Land Rover Addict site then?!

Glad you found your way over here in the end. Let us know how you get on, eh?

Cheers,

Matt

Jamie_Hewison
15-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Kev

Welcome to the forum!