PDA

View Full Version : On the border. Oxon/Glos

SnowKing
09-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey guys.

i am Ant. Drive a 97 mitsubishi challenger import. currently under application as a community first responder.

I work in security and am a tier 1 medic.

would like to join a team, but do i join BORG oxfordshire group or Gloucestershire as i am near the border and work often towards Gloucester. I currently live near chipping Norton. Which groups are more active in terms of meets etc?

Thanks for any help in advanced

Mary Sinclair
09-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi Ant,

Why not visit both groups on a meet night and decide after that which you feel more comfortable with? Glos & Worcs is very active throughout the year. As well as winter call outs we marshal / event steward over the summer period to raise funds for our training & equipment. We have monthly meetings which alternate between Cheltenham (Training) and Staverton (social) on a Tues night.

The best thing to do is get in touch with our Membership officer, Pete, on membership@gw4x4r.co.uk so he can keep a look out for you if you decide to pay us a visit.

HTH,
Mary

AshYoung
10-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi Ant,

I'm the chairman of Glos/Worcs so might be slightly biased but I would agree with Mary that cming to a meeting could help decide. I live in Bourton and work in Bledington which as you know is right on the border of Glos/Oxon.

I'm also happy (with a bit of notice) to meet up and have a quick coffee to tell you more about us if that would be of interest?

If so, drop me a message either through the forum or directly to chairman@gw4x4r.co.uk

Best wishes

Ashley