PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 Response Strathclyde

Jim Wallace
04-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Strathclyde 4x4 Response have replaced Cotag Ayrshire in covering Strathclyde area of Scotland good luck to Rab and the team up there

james2465
23-11-2009, 09:11 PM
hi there dose anyone have any info on the strathclyde team or any contact details for the guys who are setting it up

regards james

Jim Wallace
23-11-2009, 09:13 PM
James

Rab Bark is the guy who is setting it up will have a look for his details for you got them somewhare.

BobWessex
23-11-2009, 09:19 PM
James, click 'members' and find Rab Bark then click E-mail or PM to contact him. He last visited on Friday so may well be on again soon.

james2465
23-11-2009, 09:26 PM
thanks for the fast response pm has bean sent

james

Jim Wallace
23-11-2009, 09:29 PM
James, click 'members' and find Rab Bark then click E-mail or PM to contact him. He last visited on Friday so may well be on again soon.

Thanks Bob saves me diggin through paperwork :D

BobWessex
23-11-2009, 09:37 PM
no problem, might as well use what we have :lol: :lol: :lol:

RabBark
02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
Cheers you two

Fraid life has been getting in the way of setting things up but if any one else has an interest in joining our team I will be having a meeting for eveyone interested in the next few months the details I'll get out when I know more

happy new year everyone

RabBark

Tony Ferrari
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi Rab

Nice to see you back again!

If you need any assistance on getting going just ask, that's what we are here for :D

Jim Wallace
02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi Rab

Theres a couple of guys on Difflock that want to help get a team up and running if you want I can forward your email address

By the way Welcome back

jamie.read
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I have a few interested parties too. Hopefully you`ll read this Rab and give me a shout!

Tony Ferrari
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately Rab hasn't been on the forum for ten months, I've sent him a PM (which will also trigger an email) to see if there is anything going on.

jamie.read
08-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I`ve pm`d him too, fingers crossed

Navigator
08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I also am interested. If no-one else is doing anything in Strathclyde I'm willing to at least start a list of interested parties.

jamie.read
08-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Good man Stuart

jamesd
08-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Cheers you two

Fraid life has been getting in the way of setting things up but if any one else has an interest in joining our team I will be having a meeting for eveyone interested in the next few months the details I'll get out when I know more

happy new year everyone

RabBark
Hi I am new to this but live in East ayrshire and am very interested in getting involved could you please let me know if it would be possible to get involved with any future plans.

jamie.read
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
We may have something in the pipeline if theres no reply from rab, and obviously if the the trustees approve it.

smiffysmc
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi there.

Quite interested in joining a Strathclyde team. However i'm in Dunoon,Argyll. Argyll is not listed in the proposed list in Strathclyde,although it is in Strathclyde. Could Argyll be added to Strathclyde region ???

Thanks. ;)

jamie.read
08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I`m sure it wouldn`t be a problem, maybe it was just omitted in the origonal proposal

jamesd
08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks it would be nice to get a group together.

smiffysmc
08-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Well i know a few people over this way (Dunoon) that may be interested. As well as Lochgilphead and Helensburgh.

Stuart,your the man for the job ;):D

Is everyone into HAM radio for communications??? I better stat lookin into gettin a licence !!!

Navigator
08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Yep. Even 2m reaches the parts that the council PMR system misses out!

Tony Ferrari
09-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Just to keep people informed.

The post from Rab Bark quoted earlier about a meeting is two years old, so it looks like he is no longer able to progress this.

On behalf of the Trustees (they have all been informed) I have accepted Stuart's offer to start the ball rolling again.

As for area Stuart and I are concerned by the very large size of the currently quoted "Strathclyde Area", however it does not cover all of the Stratchclyde SCG (LRF for our English readers) which is based on the Strathclyde Police Area and also covers Argyll and Bute (so even bigger).

As is the norm we are happy for groups to start with whatever area they feel able to cope with (perhaps to expand later or even to start big and then split)? And the name is also up for discussion. Groups are autonomous in this respect and our only hard and fast rule is that you do not try and start up in an area already covered by another group (unless by mutual consent).

So good luck guys and don't forget to ask if you need any advice, remember there is no such thing as a stupid question :D

jamie.read
09-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I think there are quite a few guys wanting to get involved down Argyll way, obviously we`ll have to see what actual interest is like before committing to such a large area, but Stuart is on the case

redrascal
09-12-2010, 11:00 AM
good luck to you stuart. best of luck.

CLUNYKNOX
09-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Best of luck if you want help give us a shout and the guys on this forum have all being vey helpfull to us when started and still are

saltirepride
09-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd be interested in helping out also Stuart.

I'll keep tabs on here and SMC for updates.

Wullie.

JohnstoneDC
09-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Also interested as I've been towing out cars left right and centre from Monday.

I'm in johnstone as the name suggests.

Fraser posted on our usual lochgilphead forum so thought i'd stop by :)

smiffysmc
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Fraser posted on our usual lochgilphead forum so thought i'd stop by :)

Good to see you made it here Charlie,hopefully we'll get a good group together. Try and let the usual suspects know ;)

jeepster
10-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Hi Stuart
i have a small forum you can put a post up on it explaining what you are looking for
let me know if you would like the link
keep up the good work
Bert

MCameron90
11-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Fraser posted on our usual Lochgilphead forum so thought i'd stop by :)

Trust you never got a hair outta place through it all Charlie:confused:

You can put me down as an interested party, I am in Lochgilphead. Think Peter will come onboard as well, he is about 20 miles north of Lochgilphead.

Cheers

Mark,

Stumpy Doofleer
19-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I would be interested in joining the Strathclyde division.

Navigator
19-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Hello James,

For you and any others who read the post later, here is the information we have sent out to date to interested parties:_

e-Mail 01

Thank you for being so prompt in making contact about STRATHCLYDE 4x4 RESPONSE. It is less than a week since the first posts went out onto a couple of forums and we already have enough people interested to hold an inaugural meeting to officially form the group.

Not everyone will have to attend this meeting in person. What those present have to do is (1) decide to form the group, (2) adopt a constitution, (3) appoint at least a chairman, secretary and treasurer, (4) agree to open a bank account, (5) agree to be part of the NATIONAL 4x4 RESPONSE organisation. Once that is in place we can enrol anyone who can’t make the meeting.

There will be a large amount of initial work to be done and it would be good to have volunteers who can devote the necessary time to the key roles. We will need to get all our members registered, their training validated, disclosure applied for, insurances in place, plus whatever other things the user services require. We will need to publicise and recruit members. We will need to open discussion with the main User services; Fire, Police, NHS, Local Authorities and Scottish Executive. And we will need to organise whatever training sessions are needed. Fortunately it has all been done before in other parts of the country, so the National 4x4 Response and the other groups will be a great help in showing us what to do – all we have to do is implement it.

Different people have responded with different information and I don’t know where everyone lives/works to help pick a central venue for the meeting. Could you please reply to this email with your full name, and where you live – all I need is the first part of your postcode. If you think you can devote time to some of the tasks I’ve mentioned above, please let me know, or if there are other ways in which you can help set up the organisation.

e-Mail 02

There are still quite a few folk still to send in their location so that a meeting venue that is fairly central can be chosen. The meeting is likely to be the first week in January so we can get things moving.

In the mean time, so that ideas can be exchanged beforehand, there is a forum now set up and running at http://s4x4r.freeforums.org . This includes a “chat” facility. You will have to register to get access to the forum, and your registration will then have to be “authorised”. Hopefully the moderators will recognise the username you choose.

Kind regards, Stuart

Stuart Clink
Interim Contact Co-ordinator
STRATHCLYDE 4x4 RESPONSE

Southsyde House | Woodhead Avenue | BOTHWELL | Lanarkshire | G71 8AR
Phone: +44(0)7772 784728 | email: Strathclyde4x4Response@hotmail.co.uk

This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone outside the intended recipient organisation is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email notification to the sender.

MCameron90
20-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Stuart,

I haven't received either of the emails you have detailed above?

I will PM my postcode.

Cheers

Mark.