PDA

View Full Version : hello from Dorset.

ash4519
16-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Hello, I was looking at joining you guys sometime ago but couldn't due to work commitments, but its all changed now.

What teams are running in the Weymouth area?

Fantastic how big this is getting well done to all.

BobWessex
16-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi Ash,

You'd be looking to join Wessex 4x4 Response (http://wessex4x4response.org.uk/) We have an extremely good SLA with Dorset Police, which is now the template for Avon & Somerset. Definitely looking for more members in Dorset.

ash4519
17-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi Ash,

You'd be looking to join Wessex 4x4 Response (http://wessex4x4response.org.uk/) We have an extremely good SLA with Dorset Police, which is now the template for Avon & Somerset. Definitely looking for more members in Dorset.

How often do you meet up? and is there anyone in my area?

Is Andy still about? (think that's his name?) drives a Frontera!!!

BobWessex
17-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi Ash,

Matt Reeve our Dorset Team leader is just outside of Weymouth.

Unfortunately as the Dorset team is somewhat sparce they don't meet so often as I would like however there is a meeting in Yeovil on the first Saturday of every month at the Great Western Public House, which you very welcome to attend. In fact any forum member who hapens to be in the area is welcome.

BobWessex
19-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Ash,

If you would care to PM me a number I'll get Matt to call you at some time.

You might see a write up in the local paper re Exercise Sea Dart taking place in Weymouth on Monday.

ash4519
20-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Will PM you in a bit!

I have not seen anything in the paper, what time and place I will see if I can pop down.

BobWessex
20-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi Ash,

I've passed your number to Matt. There won't be a lot to see at Weymouth, but there's usually a mention in the press after the event along the lines of "Emergency services recently practised their skills at Weymouth"

ash4519
20-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Cheers mate.