PDA

View Full Version : Leicestershire Response

Simon-Loughborough
22-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Just a quickie I am a member of the Nottinghamshire DOC club but live in Leicestershire and from what I can see and read up on NOBODY covers Leicestershire and I will chat with Andrew and Roger etc at the next DOC meeting, But I am looking at setting up a Leicestershire Branch within the network, Does anybody have any concerns about this happening please post on here

Thanks for any input given to this matter in advance

Simon

Roger Bentley
22-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Count me in, also a member of Nottinghamshire but actually in Leicestershire so happy to provide support if needed.

Jamie Owens
22-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Simon

Good luck mate, any help that we can give you know where we are!

BobWessex
22-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Count me in, also a member of Nottinghamshire but actually in Leicestershire so happy to provide support if needed.

There you go doubled your membership with one post :roll: :P

Jamie Owens
22-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Bob

Simon is a good man and I do hope that he succeds with this I know he will put his heart and sole into it!

Tony Ferrari
23-11-2009, 02:37 PM
No problems with a group in Leicestershire, it is still up for grabs ;)

As I see it this is the latest level of coverage (apologies but exact coverage in Wales and Scotland are a bit of a guestimate).

BobWessex
23-11-2009, 04:47 PM
HOPEFULLY Shropshire and Staffordshire will soon be covered as we've had enquiries from both areas-- possibly the formation of one team or two adjacent ones will follow.

Jim Wallace
23-11-2009, 05:54 PM
West Wales should be covered as of Wednesday this week will update this post after meeting.

Chris C
23-11-2009, 09:27 PM
We are in Northants and will be neighbours..... there are a couple in our team that live in Leicestershire once you have more details and a pub meet I will post it on our site www.northants4x4.com (http://www.northants4x4.com) if you PM me the detail

Simon-Loughborough
25-11-2009, 06:25 PM
This would be great I am only at the beginning and am going out with some flyers you try and gain more interest, I am going to get over to sibertoft off road centre next weekend 5th 6th Dec I mean plus will go into Market Harborough on the look then work my way back to Loughborough via a few more places. And then lets see from there.

Re Pub meet I will try to find one central of the county if I can and I will expect the meet to take part on a friday night as I can be away some nights with work, hope to be updating asap

manythanks again
We are in Northants and will be neighbours..... there are a couple in our team that live in Leicestershire once you have more details and a pub meet I will post it on our site http://www.northants4x4.com if you PM me the detail

Simon-Loughborough
25-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the interest so far will keep you all updated,

Going out 5th-6th Dec on a tour of the county looking for 4x4 in most of the towns and a couple of off road centre near by anf then I will be able then to start and sort a meeting which I will expect, to be on a friday night and I will look for a pub near the centre of the county

many thanks for you inputs so far more the better

Simon

Simon-Loughborough
26-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I have changed my user name as I feel the Dragonfly didnt look right hope you all understand

Bob forget the PM done it as I state in my signiture you are never to old to learn :lol:

BobWessex
26-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Simon,

You have a response but you can ignore that :lol:

Seriously though you are right, it does help to look professional. "image" goes a long way.

Simon-Loughborough
21-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Well is there anybody out there then that might be interested in joining me in setting up the Leicestershire team

so far there is Roger, Myself, My Wife

?????????

Roger Bentley
21-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Me thinks that Rik from South Leicestershire and Jonny Haines from Hinckley are interested if you want to PM them :D

nigel leyland
23-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Get sorting out the groundwork now..........then you'll be up and running faster when the members start to come in.....you'll get plenty of support from surrounding groups.....just go for it and as most of us use one 4x4 forum or another we can all help spread the word as soon as you're ready.....

Best of luck.

Nigel.

jonny_hains
23-12-2009, 05:34 PM
hi,

i'm definitely interested in joining. If there's anything u think i could help with just ask and i'll let u know.

ta

jonny

Simon-Loughborough
23-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Just a quick as got to go out for a while thank you for your interest and yes it is a goer I will keep you up to date and hope to sort a pub meet mid to late Jan, I am away from tomorrow until 30th so I will be on the QT for that period

many thanks again and there is another gent interest called Rik who hopefully should join us on here as well chat soon

hi,

i'm definitely interested in joining. If there's anything u think i could help with just ask and i'll let u know.

ta

jonny

Rik-Leicestershire
23-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Don't think I've been called a Gent before !!!!!!!!!!

Keep me up to date, pleased to meet up.

Rik

Simon-Loughborough
23-12-2009, 09:19 PM
PMSL very good we are all gents sometime in our lifes or so I am told

as I said earlier I have started to sort the registion out, and then I will arrange a pub meet mid to late Jan as I would like Roger Bentley to be there he works off shore and is away over xmas I have his rota sheet so can check it out, Keep an eye on here as I would expect something from Roger over the next few days knowing him, Roger and I met the other week for a chat re the team and now there is you two Rik & Jonny we have enuff to go forward but that is enough for now Enjoy your Christmas and New year and we will sort early Jan 2010,

Many thanks again and please mention it to your mates if they have 4x4 all breeds excepted

chat soon

Simon

Don't think I've been called a Gent before !!!!!!!!!!

Keep me up to date, pleased to meet up.

Rik

Roger Bentley
24-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi Guys,

Happy Christmas to you all from the North Sea where we will be tracking Santa's journey overnight.....

Just for info I will be back home (weather permitting) from 31st Dec departing again on the 16th January for a further 2 weeks. If we are to having a little get together for the Leicestershire 4x4 Response team, can I suggest Friday 29th January or if earlier I could do the 8th January which maybe a little to early in the year for some.

Anyway I have taken the liberty of using National Callsign LE02 :shock: hope you don't mind :lol:

Now then where to get some nice lettering for the Jeep????

have a good one, Regards, Roger.

Simon-Loughborough
24-12-2009, 10:48 AM
No problem at all re members Number (Roger)as me LE01 (( MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS TO BE GIVEN OUT FROM THE FIRST MEETING ONWARDS AS AND WHEN JOINING FEES ARE PAID))I think the 29th an would be good as give us a little more time to get the word about,

Team fee's paid and insurance fee's as well upto 10 members for a start confirmation sent to Tony re this.

Roger I will need a photo of you head and shoulders only Please so I can start to sort out the membership cards (Don't worry about it as I will bring camera to first meeting and do it from there) plus any other people that wish to join.

The first year joining fee's will be £23 break down being admin £5 covering membership card and possible stickers (i am looking into them already) where I can buy them in bulk shall I say and the balance goes towards insurance etc

I have spoken to the bank this morning and have got to arrange a meeting re opening an account (name to be confirmed) hopefully leicestershire4x4response. Trish my wife does not want to be in the call out group but is willing to come to all meetings and take the minutes and try to look after the finances.for the team, But all this will be spoken about at the meeting,

I will be looking for somewhere to have the first meeting ie central to all concerned and at the minute it will be looking like west of Leicester area any suggestions please and if you now of somewhere please go and ask if they would be happy with us using them as a meeting place possibley on a monthly basis (leicester is more or less central to out county so somewhere around there would be good) Rik Jonny have you got any idea's please .

Rik & Jonny I could do with a PM both with your full contact details please and would you 2 like to try and sort out a meeting place between you ????

Well to this end I will wish you all a merry xmas and chat from the 30th onwards as I am away from dinner today,

Thanks for your input and forth coming help in this project.

Simon

Roger Bentley
28-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Ladies and Gents we now have a Leicestershire Usergroup for you to join and post all relevant items too. This can be found by going to the User Control panel and selecting the group from the user group listing given.

At the moment we have 3 definite group members and 2 very likely's with our first meeting scheduled for the end of January 2010.

More updates as we progress.

Regards, Roger.

Paul Wright
28-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I've just joined the Leicestershire group... Watching and reading with great interest :)

BobWessex
28-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I've just joined the Leicestershire group... Watching and reading with great interest :)

Simon,

Can you PM me the names of any members of Leicestershire 4x4 Response, I'll set their access accordingly

As Roger says if members could amend their profile to show the right team that would be a help.

Simon-Loughborough
30-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Paul and thanks for the interest as you can see I have only just got this off the ground so all the help I can get the better, I have Roger on board with me (long story to be told off the boards) but as you can see there is a couple of others interested Jonny & Rik now they have been asked to try and find a pub where we can meet on the 29th Jan If you would like to contact them and between you try to sort that would be great. As I have so much too do re registering the club etc it would take some weight off my shoulders please PM them direct from the main thread

chat soon stay with us we will get there very soon:

Simon Dale

LE01

Simon-Loughborough
31-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi Rik got your email thank you I am unable to send you all the details as not heard from Jonny as of yet.with his details but Jonny could be away like Roger is but due home anyday now.

I would like if possible for you to PM Jonny & And Paul re the sorting but put on here all details so everybody can read, ie anybody watching this thread who might be interested, but not come forward as of yet, Plus it will help to get the word about

Simon

LE01

Rik-Leicestershire
31-12-2009, 10:45 AM
PM's sent to Paul & Jonny

Rik

Simon-Loughborough
31-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Hi all just to keep you upto date just been speaking to Bank re account (membership fees and donations received) and should be open within the next few weeks as soon I receive it via the post

cheers

Roger Bentley
06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I have been in touch with the Leicestershire Local Resilience Forum and advised them of our presence.

Reply from below from David Powell

Mr Bentley

In response to your inquiry, Leicestershire County Council Emergency

Management / LRF Resilience Team operates a voluntary scheme for 4x4

drivers who are willing to assist in an emergency. We currently have 47

volunteers on our dbase covering most areas of the County. It could be

quite possible that some of your Response Team are already on our list.

Our volunteers are normally available to assist in any emergency,

including getting aid to vulnerable people in present weather

conditions.

We would be happy to hold contact details of any other 4x4 groups who

would be willing to volunteer their services.

Regards

David Powell

Resilience Officer

So do any our merry band already reside on this list of 47 volunteers??

Rik-Leicestershire
06-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Roger,

I do now remember seeing something in the Lutterworth Library noticeboard, but it was about 2 years ago before I had my Disco, so I didn't take much notice.

It could be awkward though if they prefer to use their own list rather than get into service agreements etc.

Could be worth pointing out all the benefits as Alasdair has said, national body, training, additional resources, insurance

Perhap we could recruit a few if we knew who they were ??

Rik

Jamie Owens
06-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Roger

I must agree with Alisdair, there is also the issue of insurance, who co-ordinates these so called volunteers? who calls them out? who checks their Road Tax, MOT & Insurance? What back up do they have, if you would like some letters of thanks to show what we are capable of then I will willingly scan them in for you to show your County Council.

Simon-Loughborough
07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi all and thank you for the response on the thread re documents yes please email me matie as Roger will be off to the north sea soon I think. I have had an email from the local landy club today and he has mentioned he is part of the so called team and there has not been much action. insurance might one of the reasons so please forward doc's and I will take this one up.

Rik any joy with a pub yet mate I bumped into Jonny at the mud club tues night and he said about the pub on the A47 near desford cross roads . Can't remember the name of it chat with Jonny.

Rik-Leicestershire
07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Simon,

The one Jonny is thinking of is the Bulls Head, Hinckley Road, LE9 9JE, its a nice Everards pub. I shall wander up there to check it out over the weekend. If all is well I will post up the full details with links etc.

I asume we are still aiming for the 29th ??

Rik

nigel leyland
07-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I think I would reply back to the Resilience Forum explaining that you are opperating under National Response best practices and ALL your members are called out in accordance with prescribed protocols, should they need any assistance please call the the team controller on XXXXXXXXX. We currently have X units available locally and a further XXXX available from other regional groups of the National 4x4 Response Network, all of which are trained and assessed before deployment, and covered by liability insurance.

Then they can do what they like..... :lol:

And then you can carry one building your team and contacting local authorities etc.

Nigel.

Simon-Loughborough
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
yep 29th 7.30 for a 8pm start good for me

Simon,

The one Jonny is thinking of is the Bulls Head, Hinckley Road, LE9 9JE, its a nice Everards pub. I shall wander up there to check it out over the weekend. If all is well I will post up the full details with links etc.

I asume we are still aiming for the 29th ??

Rik

Simon-Loughborough
07-01-2010, 06:52 PM
agrred I will try to make contact tomorrow thanks for all the advice on this one as well

I think I would reply back to the Resilience Forum explaining that you are opperating under National Response best practices and ALL your members are called out in accordance with prescribed protocols, should they need any assistance please call the the team controller on XXXXXXXXX. We currently have X units available locally and a further XXXX available from other regional groups of the National 4x4 Response Network, all of which are trained and assessed before deployment, and covered by liability insurance.

Then they can do what they like..... :lol:

And then you can carry one building your team and contacting local authorities etc.

Nigel.

Roger Bentley
07-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm still here until next Wednesday, weather permitting, could be a long drive to Aberdeen in the Jeep though!!!

Thanks for the responses to my previous post, Simon is now on the case, been a busy boy has Simon, keep it up mate :)

nigel leyland
07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm sure he is extremely busy, but, and I think many will concur here.......regardless of how busy you think you are....your not yet!, but you will be! :lol:

Keep pushing on, you're getting there....

Nigel.

Madmatt130
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Morning all,

I met Simon last night as he was good enough to come along to Loughborough Land Rover Clubs monthly meet, I am very keen to get involved in the Leicestershire group as are a few others there are 4 or 5 of us hopefully attending the meeting on the 29th.

As a club we have long been registered on Leics CC's LOADER scheme as they call it and up until last year had never been contacted by them. It has allways struck me that this database although updated annually is in actual fact a 20odd year old idea from back when things were far more laid back. Rightly or wrongly I remember reading that volunteers that were registered were covered by the councils PL insaurance but having never actually gone out for them I wouldn't know for definate. Due to my employers I have several off road driving qualifications and winching courses under my belt but they have never asked for a copy of these or even my driving licence or MOT Cert!

I am a firm believer that the Leics 4x4 response group is the way forward LCC might be slow and unwilling to get involved at the moment but at the end of the day that will be their loss and will probably soon change their tune when they see how profesional the group is when it starts working with other agencies.

I'd be intersted to hear how some of the other groups got on when they first started communicating with organisations?

Simon-Loughborough
08-01-2010, 03:17 PM
cheers matie I am doing my very best well 98% so still have a little in reserve :lol:

we are getting there, I was at another meeting last (Madmatt) made contact with me and I went on a recruitment chat , Hopefully there might be a few memebers from fingers crossed ((Matt)) do you agree

Simon

I'm sure he is extremely busy, but, and I think many will concur here.......regardless of how busy you think you are....your not yet!, but you will be! :lol:

Keep pushing on, you're getting there....

Nigel.

Madmatt130
08-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I do yes, I am in as you well know, and there is also my girlfriends father and another lad from last night is coming along on the 29th so thats 3 of us there.

Matt

nigel leyland
09-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Just got of the phone to a mate in Leicster....sent him details so you may have another potential member arriving soon.... :D

Nigel.

Simon-Loughborough
09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh Good cheers Nigel

Just got of the phone to a mate in Leicster....sent him details so you may have another potential member arriving soon.... :D

Nigel.

Madmatt130
09-01-2010, 08:38 PM
My self and Charlotte (the girlfriend) have been out today with flyers leaving them on 4x4's about town.

Simon-Loughborough
10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Yes I know as have had a call so hopefully at least one wanting to join us

If anybody out on there travels does do any rescues within Leicestershire or Rutland and you can take a photo (No Reg Plates or Faces) within pic please do so and we will drop into Gallery as soon as web site comes live

My self and Charlotte (the girlfriend) have been out today with flyers leaving them on 4x4's about town.

Simon-Loughborough
10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
WHERE WE ARE WITH LEICESTERSHIRE & RUTLAND TEAM SO FAR:

We are very lucky that we have a nice man sorting out our web site Thank you Andy;

web site should be live within a few more days fingers crossed

Our first meeting will be on the 29 th Jan (confirmation to follow where hopefully tonight I should have that Rik / Jonny)

When the site is running live I will then recontact the gentlemam at Loader re ourselfs and what we have and how the system should work, plus how other counties around use can also help on a major response if needed.

I have had a couple of people talk to me who also have some every good contacts within the other major services that we need to contact re ourselfs.

The bank account paperwork is to submitted tomorrow Monday 12th Jan so account should be open very soon 3 signitures have been set up on it.

I am talking to people re vehicle ID stickers so they will be all the same style for each vehicle (making us more common) :lol:

I have sorted out the ID cards and these will be issued directly after our first meeting and when you have paid your membership fee's (i will either post them or drop them in my self)

At our first meeting I must insist that all future members please bring there Driving Licence with you plus your MOT for the vehicle you will use within the network. Plus this will apply to all new members across the board. and will be rechecked at renewal dates of your membership.

I need to contact the national trustees re a couple of things but I know they are all very busy at this moment in time so a couple more days won't matter, Then I will give you another update

If anybody has an comments on the above please PM me and speak up

Thank You

Simon

LE01

Simon-Loughborough
10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Thank you Matt for reminding me of the following

((As well as driving licences and MOT is it worth any members bringing along any certificate of competances that are relavant to the group like first aid or off road driving etc?))

cheers matie the old grey matter just does like to work :lol:

Simon-Loughborough
10-01-2010, 08:35 PM
UPDATE as of 10/01/2010 8.30pm

Hi All we have the meeting place set now our first one of many and if all goes well at the bulls head we might make it the regular meeting place, or we move around the county to see what else ((to be put to the vote)) is available but for now it will be as follows

29th Jan 2010

The Bulls Head

Hinckley Road

Leicester Forest East

Leicester

LE9 9JE

Please try to be there by 7,30pm so we can start at 8pm I expect approx 1-2 hours max

DON'T forget to bring your documents and pennies (£23) with you please

cheques will be excepted as bank account should be open by then.

As you go into the Bulls Head there is an area reserved for us on your left (tap Room)

I look forward to meeting everybody I hope to be there by 7pm so I can grab a seat :lol: you know what us old one are like :oops: always need a seat :lol:

nigel leyland
12-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Would be a good idea to post those details on the 4x4Network Faceache page......despite what I thought we've had a fair few memberships as a result of faceache sites :D

Nigel.

Chris C
12-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi guys it might be an idea to post that pub meet date on www.northants4x4.com (http://www.northants4x4.com) as I have had a few people from your neck of the woods looking for a team to join

Simon-Loughborough
12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Cheers Chris I will do that as on Northants site as well will do shortly

thanks again

Hi guys it might be an idea to post that pub meet date on http://www.northants4x4.com as I have had a few people from your neck of the woods looking for a team to join

Simon-Loughborough
12-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't do that face**** site

not my sort of thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would be a good idea to post those details on the 4x4Network Faceache page......despite what I thought we've had a fair few memberships as a result of faceache sites :D

Nigel.

Simon-Loughborough
12-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't do Face**** but Trish does I will get her to have alook

it is not for me to old :lol: :lol: :lol:

well I am over 50

yes a saga jobbie

Nigel.

Simon-Loughborough
12-01-2010, 08:10 PM
UPDATE

Well folks a very BIG thank you to Andy from another centre as he has worked very hard for us and sorted our own website

leicestershire4x4response.org.uk

have a look, the front page is done and I have just a few more things I want to do then I will open it up for after the first meeting or just before.

There is one very keen member who even beat me at looking at the finished site before I got home to look :mrgreen:

Jamie Owens
13-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Simon

If you are going to check driving licenses and MOT's then it might be a good idea to check people certificate of insurance and keep a record of expriy dates so that you can prompt members for a copy when their renewal dates come up!

Madmatt130
13-01-2010, 12:01 PM
That looks great well done to all involved. So do we register as users now or after the first meeting ?

Simon-Loughborough
13-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Cheers Jamie very good point thank you

Hope you ok

You realy sounded down this morning

chin up

Simon

If you are going to check driving licenses and MOT's then it might be a good idea to check people certificate of insurance and keep a record of expriy dates so that you can prompt members for a copy when their renewal dates come up!

Simon-Loughborough
13-01-2010, 07:57 PM
You can register on the web site now

Matt have you passed the meeting details on to your mates at the Landy club??

That looks great well done to all involved. So do we register as users now or after the first meeting ?

Simon-Loughborough
13-01-2010, 07:59 PM
UPDATE:

Web site is up and running well all the basic's and there aint going to be much more tell I get my head round it all am getting there :lol: :lol: Honest

Madmatt130
13-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I'll register in a moment then.

I'll get an email off to all Members before the weekend so they can have two weeks to ponder the subject. I'll also head out agaiin this weekend armed with flyers just incase I see a likely candidate!

Madmatt130
13-01-2010, 08:26 PM
We just need to get some pics in the gallery now then!

Simon-Loughborough
16-01-2010, 09:49 AM
The web site is up and running just like a babys bum (not really) it is going well

You can upload pictures it is all sorted chat on the forums

We just need to get some pics in the gallery now then!

Simon-Loughborough
18-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes we are there have a look

http://www.leicestershire4x4response.org.uk

Just got to get the ratings up can I add a link of here (Iam not sure) but hopefully some one will tell

Simon

LE01

Teresa Herefordshire
18-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes we are there have a look

http://www.leicestershire4x4response.org.uk

Just got to get the ratings up can I add a link of here (Iam not sure) but hopefully some one will tell

Simon

LE01

Looking good. Nice gallery section too. http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Simon-Loughborough
19-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Well I knew it would take a new eye on the scene to spot the mistake http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_redface.gif http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_rolleyes.gif

We had a slight techical hitch a setting within the site ALL sorted now

Thank you for letting me know and it is all in place now http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_razz.gif

richc
20-01-2010, 12:18 AM
hi all

just to introduce myself i'm rich clafton, i live about 3 miles from the pub venue so no excuses for me. i'll be coming along to meet folks on the 29th

got an iveco daily 4x4 expedition vehicle, winch equipped , snow chains onboard and diff locks in both axles plus all the creature comforts

see you all on the 29th

Rich

Teresa Herefordshire
20-01-2010, 01:06 AM
hi all

just to introduce myself i'm rich clafton, i live about 3 miles from the pub venue so no excuses for me. i'll be coming along to meet folks on the 29th

got an iveco daily 4x4 expedition vehicle, winch equipped , snow chains onboard and diff locks in both axles plus all the creature comforts

see you all on the 29th

Rich

That's different! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif You'll be roped in as the catering wagon then! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the forum! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

robin-baldwin
20-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi Rich

Welcome, I follow your posts on the HUBB also from 101 days

richc
20-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi Rich

Welcome, I follow your posts on the HUBB also from 101 days

its a small world isn't it..............

yes my beloved tiggurr the 101 , still miss him but recovering from a prolapsed disk operation the iveco is so much more comfortable and nearly as capable (wading depth is probabily less on the iveco)

That's different! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif You'll be roped in as the catering wagon then! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Never one for the conventional, funny i thought that too http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif but you havn't tasted my cooking, you may regret it:shock:

rich

Roger Bentley
20-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the group Rich, http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Nice to see something different apart from my Jeep on here. Never mind the soup, what are you like on bacon butties??? http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

meet you on the 29th all being well.

richc
20-01-2010, 08:37 PM
GF says my bacon butties are fine, but i don't do supermarket prepacked bacon , has to be the proper stuff (maybe we need sponsorship from my village deli http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif)

The Iveco is certainly different - but I've always been interested in them since i was pulled out of soft sand by one in libya in 2000. This one has already been to capetown and been shipped to australia by previous owners

It might be joined by a series landrover once i find some work

Ian J
28-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Oh Good cheers Nigel

Just got of the phone to a mate in Leicster....sent him details so you may have another potential member arriving soon.... http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Nigel.

Hi all that will be me then, hope to see you on 29th

~Ian

nigel leyland
28-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I was wondering how long it was going to be before you landed.... http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif welcome aboard mate....

Nigel.

Simon-Loughborough
28-01-2010, 05:23 PM
JUST A REMINDER TOMORROW NIGHT IS OUR FIRST MEETING

7,30PM FOR A 8PM START

THE BULL HEAD

HINCKLEY ROAD

LEICESTER FOREST EAST

ON THE A47 BETWEEN LECIESTER ANDEARL SHILTON

nigel leyland
29-01-2010, 11:49 PM
So.........how did it go? did you get a decent turnout? Are you looking ot be up and running soon?

Nigel.

Madmatt130
30-01-2010, 08:30 AM
It looked like a good turnout from where I was sat! I didn't count thee numbers but there were a few there. Lots of people signing up there and then. I am LE09 so there must be at least 8 others LOL!!! http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_e_biggrin.gif

richc
30-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Asked simon at the end of the meeting and it was 10 signed up with a couple more forms outstanding

So a good turnout and a great start for Leicestershire

Rik-Leicestershire
30-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Nice to put names to faces, a good turnout

Sorry had to leave early, thanks Simon for organising

Rik

nigel leyland
30-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Good response then, so when will LE be live?

Nigel.

Simon-Loughborough
30-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi all yes a very good turn out. we have 10 members on board and I know of 3 more to join so that is 13 from the first meeting how can I say it http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif I am well pleased better than I expected a very big thank you to all that have join to make our team, Now we can start to talk to the organisations and put our portfolio to them, and start and get some job's in.

I am in need of some national stickers so hopefully somebody will read this and pm me accordingly http://www.4x4response.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif as I am unable to find out who has some.

I have been given another idea today of some one else to contact to see if we can go along and do a little stand thing???? later in the summer which will help us to be promoted.

I will look at this before the next meeting date confirm at the same venue (to be updated on leicestershire4x4response.org.uk

Tony Ferrari
30-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Simon

Nobody has any national stickers as we have run out but I am looking hard for a new supplier!

Tony

Simon-Loughborough
30-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Cheers tony thanks again

Simon

Nobody has any national stickers as we have run out but I am looking hard for a new supplier!

Tony