PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie from Beds.

Russ Brown
23-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone!

DaveRoberts
23-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Good timing... Welcome :D

Tony Ferrari
23-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi Russ

How did the interview on 3 Counties Radio go yesterday?

Tony

Russ Brown
23-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Tony,

Went well, I have been interviewd by him before, so was prepared for his opening anti 4x4 pompousity and did not rise to it.

I managed to get over about what we had achieved recently and how rewarding it is to go from Zero to Hero overnight in public perception.

I got over that a 4x4 in inexperienced hands is a two tonne missile waiting for a target, so anyone keen to get involved in helping their community should put that energy into an organised group, with the benefits of training implied but not spoken.

I also managed to get in a thank you to Herts and Borg for their support in Caddington, and was just about to switch into a recruiting drive when he cut me off.

Feedback I have got from those that listened was that it came over well, in stark contrast to the Hyacinth Bucket who preceded me on air moaning that her close had not been gritted, and there were enough key phrases for even a dyslexic to be able to google us.

Apparently Borg got 2 new recruits yesterday from people listening in so all good. Stephen C is going to try to get a download and put it on the BHC 4x4-R forum.

Russ Brown
23-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Trying to get on the Jeremy Vine show today, but trying to get something positive about 4x4's in to his slot is like trying to get blood out of the proverbial stone.

Russ laye
23-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi Russ

I bet your busy over there

Tony Ferrari
23-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Russ (Brown)

Well done, I'll have to find it on iplayer

I know what he can be like as I used to get interviewed regularly when I was at Welwyn Hatfield Council... expert on dustbins, abandoned cars and dog poo that's me :lol:

Russ Brown
23-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi Russ

I bet your busy over there

It has been a baptism by fire for our fledgling group, but our coordinators have coped remarkably well, and I think a lot of lessons have been learnt.

Also, the support from other local (some not so local) 4x4-R groups has been excellent.

I think this will be looked back on as a turning point for our group regarding getting up to critical mass in experience, recruitment and awareness that we exist, both here and in the wider community.

Engaging with people who are really suffering in the weather has certainly given me a different outlook on the kind of weather I generally look forward to, for their sakes I hope it warms up soon.