Go Back   4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK (https://www.4x4response.info/forums.php)
-   Forum issues and suggestions (https://www.4x4response.info/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Forum error? (https://www.4x4response.info/showthread.php?t=1347)

Rikki-UK 19-02-2010 04:26 PM

Forum error?

Before the change I could only access my own teams sub forum (ours is actually a link to our own forums) Now I can see and read the latest posts in all the teams forums that are hosted here

That may be a deliberate change, but thought I would mention it !!

Simon Bentley 19-02-2010 05:48 PM

It is a deliberate change.

What you state was previously the case, however precious few people were registered to the relevant groups so couldn't even see their own forum, so they were drastically under used.

The logic now is that is something is posted in a local forum that is a local matter others will not be interested anyway. However if it is of wider interest then it is most likely in the wrong forum anyway and can be moved to a more appropriate one.

mark avo 19-02-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Bentley (Post 11515)
It is a deliberate change.

What you state was previously the case, however precious few people were registered to the relevant groups so couldn't even see their own forum, so they were drastically under used.

Damn fine idea - That was the was it was on the old forum, then someone decided they should all be private & at that point they seemed to stop being used.

Patrick Molloy 19-02-2010 06:32 PM

missing details

I've lost my sig, avatar response groups and whats a "Junior Member" supposed to be?
Looks like alll my info is gone.:confused:

peter willis 19-02-2010 06:39 PM

yea lost all mine as well just have to re load them in user cp

Patrick Molloy 19-02-2010 06:47 PM

Ok .......
wilco

Simon Bentley 19-02-2010 06:49 PM

They won't display yet anyway - custom fields will be being added in the coming days.

Patrick Molloy 19-02-2010 06:52 PM

Pete how did you get your regions logo below your sig? I havethe SE4x4Response one showing in the CP but it doesn't show in the preview...nor when I mail (of course)

peter willis 19-02-2010 06:57 PM

click next to added pic where it says add then it will add a sig)(sig in boxs above

all i did then was click on logo look at propertey and copy the www. link then paste it between the )(sig and it worked

hope that make sence :):)

Simon Bentley 19-02-2010 07:02 PM

I'm not sure how signatures are set up at the moment but please refrain from using large images - if they aren't already they will be restricted in the future in order to try to keep the page flow reasonable.

Plan is to have a whole load of avatar size logos for all groups available shortly.