Go Back   4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK (https://www.4x4response.info/forums.php)
-   Come on in (https://www.4x4response.info/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fife Team request to join (https://www.4x4response.info/showthread.php?t=2905)

seanpatrick 23-09-2011 07:51 AM

Fife Team request to join

Hi
I have just subscribed today.
Trying to get in touch with the team in Fife, I know from Tayside team Fife is in the process of starting up. I wish to be a part of that and happy to help in anyway shape or form. I have a medical background and drive a Discovery 3 TDV6.
Last winter I helped dozens of folk and thought I could do more this year.
Happy to help Tayside team and Lothian team, as I work at Edinburgh Royal.
Hope to hear from you...
Gerry

Tony Ferrari 23-09-2011 08:49 AM

Hi Gerry

Welcome to 4x4 Response, we have heard via Tayside of the possibility of a Fife Team but as far as I am aware no one has registered on the forum from the team, nor have they made contact with us at the National Network.

I'm sure that will change shortly.

CLUNYKNOX 23-09-2011 10:35 AM

Hi they are trying to get started as far as I know if you send me an email with your datails I can forward it on to them.

Andrew

jamie.read 23-09-2011 10:53 AM

Tony,
It`s Renny Thompson & Steve Turnbull who are the Fife contacts. I have already supplied Gerry with Rennys email addy

David Sparkes 23-09-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Ferrari (Post 32721)
... no one has registered on the forum from the team, nor have they made contact with us at the National Network.

Using the 'Search members facility, I note there is no 'Fife' entry in the drop down list against the 'Group' box.
I'm guessing, but I rather assume that a new member will have the same list of existing group names presented. Indeed, the OP (seanpatrick) has chosen 'Not yet a Responder' as his group.
Factually correct of course, but at what stage can he, or anyone else, 'register on the forum from the FIFE team'?
I note that of the two suggested contacts, Renny Thompson is shown as in the NE group, while Steve.turnball is also 'Not yet a Responder'.

I appreciate there's a little bit of chicken and egg situation here, but I suggest the egg breaker needs to come from the Trustees (who have the experience), rather than the potential Fife members, who don't realise they need to make the request 'Please create a Fife group'.

HTH, I'm not intending to be critical, merely giving an outsiders viewpoint.

Simon Bentley 23-09-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Sparkes (Post 32733)
Using the 'Search members facility, I note there is no 'Fife' entry in the drop down list against the 'Group' box.
I'm guessing, but I rather assume that a new member will have the same list of existing group names presented. Indeed, the OP (seanpatrick) has chosen 'Not yet a Responder' as his group.
Factually correct of course, but at what stage can he, or anyone else, 'register on the forum from the FIFE team'?
I note that of the two suggested contacts, Renny Thompson is shown as in the NE group, while Steve.turnball is also 'Not yet a Responder'.

I appreciate there's a little bit of chicken and egg situation here, but I suggest the egg breaker needs to come from the Trustees (who have the experience), rather than the potential Fife members, who don't realise they need to make the request 'Please create a Fife group'.

HTH, I'm not intending to be critical, merely giving an outsiders viewpoint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Ferrari (Post 32721)
Hi Gerry

Welcome to 4x4 Response, we have heard via Tayside of the possibility of a Fife Team but as far as I am aware no one has registered on the forum from the team, nor have they made contact with us at the National Network.

I'm sure that will change shortly.

It seems Tony has heard something through unofficial channels, but oficially the trustees were unaware of the potential formation of a Fife group.

On the page Register a Group there are details on how to forma group etc and specifically

Quote:

Before any work is done on setting up a new group, those interested should contact 4x4 Response the national charity, as it is possible that there are already plans underway for a group in your area. There won't be two 4x4 Response groups in any one area.
Anyone wishing to register or form a new group is asked to a) use the 'contact form' and b) register on the national forum
Only this week someone from another area did just this - they have been granted enhanced forum status so as to be able to access more information and discuss things with other group reps, however until a group is formed and registered the appropriate selection from the drop down is "Not Currently a Responder" - after all they aren't.

We would be more than happy to receive an application from a group in Fife but until somebody makes an official approach we cannot do anything further.

BTW the drop down list of groups is nothing more than that, it does not infer any extra status on the forum merely badging for responders and allows searching by group etc

jamie.read 23-09-2011 12:10 PM

Perhaps personal messages to Renny and Steve pointing this out? I`m pretty sure I mentioned it to Steve when we spoke on the phone regarding us relinquishing Fife for them to get something off the ground themselves.

Tony Ferrari 23-09-2011 12:36 PM

Jamie

Until this thread, we were unaware that it was Renny and Steve behind the Fife group and I only knew someone was thinking of starting up in Fife because you told me some months ago when we were agreeing the Tayside area of operation. So thanks for the information but as Simon has said we can't even start to recognise a group unless they make contact with us!

A PM will now be sent.

ColinR 23-09-2011 01:43 PM

There is moves to set up a Fife Group and not just by Renny/ Steve, theres others looking at it as well due to the initial timescales to get something going taking to long. Theres supposed to be a public meeting getting held very soon that all interested parties can go to, I will see if I can confirm the details and post them there.

Tony Ferrari 23-09-2011 03:03 PM

Colin

Many thanks, as said before we can only act on information when we receive it :D

Simon has now sent a PM to Renny and Steve and we hope this can be sorted soon.