Go Back   4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK (https://www.4x4response.info/forums.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.4x4response.info/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hello from the Forest of Dean (https://www.4x4response.info/showthread.php?t=2231)

Tim Ballinger 03-01-2011 10:04 PM

Hello from the Forest of Dean

Hi,
i have just joined the forum. I have been thinking about enrolling with a response team for ages so am just digging a bit deeper. The Forest of Dean appears to be between regions so not too sure which direction to go ! Any existing FOD responders about ?

Tim

jamie.read 03-01-2011 10:19 PM

Welcome mate, if youre on a border its worth signing up with one team and getting the management to offer you over the border to a neighbouring team

Tony Ferrari 03-01-2011 10:27 PM

Tim

Not between regions at all, as I understand it the majority of the FOD is in Gloucestershire, so Gloucestershire and Worcestershire 4x4 Response are your local group, if you live on the other side of the Wye, then it's 4x4 Response Wales. However if you feel you are closer to one group rather than the one you actually live in, we don't get too precious about which one you join.

Hope that helps

Tony

andy riches 03-01-2011 10:59 PM

Hi and welcome, love the forest of dean personally, used to go mountain biking up there alot, mainly coleford and that sort of area

BigLewie 04-01-2011 01:09 AM

Hi buddy. I'm with Gwent team. I live just across from Monmouth and am always in the FOD. If u fancy saying hello drop me a shout.
Lewis

cosmic 04-01-2011 05:53 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum:D

Andy Harvey 04-01-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Ballinger (Post 23496)
Hi,
i have just joined the forum. I have been thinking about enrolling with a response team for ages so am just digging a bit deeper. The Forest of Dean appears to be between regions so not too sure which direction to go ! Any existing FOD responders about ?

Tim

Tim.

Welcome. The Forest is covered by Gloucestershire and Worcestershire so come along and join us. We have done quite a bit down in the forest and would be nice to have another "Forester" on board. Have a look at our website we meet 3rd tuesday of the month alternately at the Kings head Inn at Norton and at the Aviator at Goucestershire (Staverton) airport. The next meeting is at the Kings head.

We also do out BORDA training at Whitecliff quarry in Coleford.

Tim Ballinger 04-01-2011 10:43 PM

Forest of Dean again

Thanks for all the welcome's guys.
I actually live at the top of Yat Rock. Technically Gloucester & Worcs but a few hundred yards from Herefordshire and if I cross the Wye then into sunny Monmouthshire ie Wales.

Whitecliff quarry is just up the road but I have actually never been in.

I'll have a look around the web sites and get my bearings and some sort of feel for what response is all about.

One question to start. Although I drive a 110 I only have 1 passenger seat. Does the ability to only carry 1 passenger limit my usefulness ?

Llywellyn.Wales 04-01-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Ballinger (Post 23596)
I actually live at the top of Yat Rock. Technically Gloucester & Worcs but a few hundred yards from Herefordshire and if I cross the Wye then into sunny Monmouthshire ie Wales.

I'll have a look around the web sites and get my bearings and some sort of feel for what response is all about.

One question to start. Although I drive a 110 I only have 1 passenger seat. Does the ability to only carry 1 passenger limit my usefulness ?

Im not that far over the border into (sunny???) monmouthshire, and am part of the Gwent part of 4x4 response wales.

I also have one passenger seat, and yes it does limit it a bit but you'll always be useful for jobs of one kind or another.

Andy Harvey 04-01-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

No problem with the 1 passenger seat, others in the team have the same situation.

WarrenWE02 04-01-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

I did my LANTRA training at Whitecliffe. Good course, good instructor too.
Only one seat isn't a huge problem, the controllers will know what your capabilities are and use you for tasks best suited to your kit and location.

From mobile device...

peter willis 05-01-2011 11:17 AM

hi tim and welcome
if you have any other info you need about gloucester and worcester group drop me a line

pete

Teresa Herefordshire 06-01-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarrenWE02 (Post 23602)
I did my LANTRA training at Whitecliffe. Good course, good instructor too.

You beat me to it about Whitecliff! :) Been there a few times and the instructor I was with (Richard?) was brilliant. Made everything look sooo simple while I couldn't speak for concentrating so hard!

Well worth a look.

Teresa Herefordshire 06-01-2011 10:40 PM

PS Tim - Lucky you for living up there - it's one of my favourite walking areas. Stunning views.:)

WarrenWE02 07-01-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa Herefordshire (Post 23785)
You beat me to it about Whitecliff! :) Been there a few times and the instructor I was with (Richard?) was brilliant. Made everything look sooo simple while I couldn't speak for concentrating so hard!

Well worth a look.

Hi Teresa, yup, it was Richard who did my course too. He was just brilliant.

From mobile device...

Andy Harvey 07-01-2011 09:11 AM

Richard did my BORDA advanced and Geraldine did the IOPD assessment. Both great teachers.