Go Back   4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK (https://www.4x4response.info/forums.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.4x4response.info/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hi from wet rugby (but not as wet as many other places) (https://www.4x4response.info/showthread.php?t=4859)

Tobydeas 13-02-2014 08:24 AM

Hi from wet rugby (but not as wet as many other places)

How do all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and hopefully offer my services (nothing sexual though)

I'm a member for west mids 4x4 response as that's my closest group as far as i am aware, but they are still an hour from me, so i am too far away for most of their needs.
So if anyone needs anything rugby/warwickshire/coventry/Leicester way then im more than happy to assist.

I have a 300tdi disco which is fully kitted out, and its only used as a weekend toy.
I do alot of green laning around wales,lakes, yorks etc, so im prety good at organising teams, map reading etc. im also BORDA higher certified.

So if anyone has any used for me just give me a shout!
thanks
Toby

nigel leyland 13-02-2014 09:22 AM

Toby, firstly you need to contact your Rep to have your forum permissions raised to responder status, secondly you need to follow the mutual aid protocols and respond through your own control rather than offer your services ad hoc. Oh, and welcome to the forum ;)

Tobydeas 13-02-2014 09:49 AM

Hi Nigel, thanks for the info :)

My point is i don't think i have a local group?

My most local is west mids 4x4, but they are still too far for me to be much use them.
Unless i can be corrected? it their anyone who covers Warwickshire?

thanks for the welcome :)

LyonJE 13-02-2014 04:23 PM

Hi there, and welcome!!

I'm from Rugby, too -- but I'm with the MROC group (covers Coventry / Solihull / Warks) but no doubt we could ever cross paths :)

Je.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobydeas (Post 58781)
How do all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and hopefully offer my services (nothing sexual though)

I'm a member for west mids 4x4 response as that's my closest group as far as i am aware, but they are still an hour from me, so i am too far away for most of their needs.
So if anyone needs anything rugby/warwickshire/coventry/Leicester way then im more than happy to assist.

I have a 300tdi disco which is fully kitted out, and its only used as a weekend toy.
I do alot of green laning around wales,lakes, yorks etc, so im prety good at organising teams, map reading etc. im also BORDA higher certified.

So if anyone has any used for me just give me a shout!
thanks
Toby

steve mids 13-02-2014 05:26 PM

toby pm me a number I will give you a ring

Acropolis 13-02-2014 06:01 PM

I spoke to Toby this afternoon and its all sorted. :)

Tobydeas 13-02-2014 08:04 PM

Thanks for all the help gents :) had a good chat with simon earlier and have registered with west mids 4x4 and also with MROC too :)

Acropolis 14-02-2014 06:51 PM

Hi Toby

You can only join one of the groups, especially as we are so close to each other we would both likely look to deploy at the same time.

stokesy1976 14-02-2014 09:39 PM

Don't want to throw the cat among the pigeons. I am also from Rugby and i am a member of the Northants Response Team, i know there are other members from Rugby.
I guess being on the border of a couple of counties there are several choices.

johnkes 15-02-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobydeas (Post 58823)
Thanks for all the help gents :) had a good chat with simon earlier and have registered with west mids 4x4 and also with MROC too :)

Toby
I agree with Simon, it's not ideal to belong to more than one group. You are also bordering Northants and Leics so actually have quite a choice.

John
MROC 4x4R Coordinator