Go Back   4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK

4x4 Response UK (https://www.4x4response.info/forums.php)
-   Got a question & general information (https://www.4x4response.info/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Warwickshire Coverage (https://www.4x4response.info/showthread.php?t=4100)

disco_ike 03-11-2012 01:29 PM

Warwickshire Coverage

Hi All,

I and a few others are interested in setting a group up to cover the void that is currently Warwickshire. I have contacts within Emergency Planning teams at Warwickshire CC and so the LRF. (I work in flooding but have no response duties)

We are just putting the feelers out now to see what kind of uptake we get but I am confident we will be able to get a group together.

Just wondered if anyone from other groups could just have some clues as to the difficulties they had forming their groups and any advice or bits.

Many thanks
Ike.

trevmales 03-11-2012 09:40 PM

i believe the area is already covered by groups, im sure they would be happy to get new members though.

nigel leyland 03-11-2012 10:11 PM

As Trev states the area is probably arleady covered by a number of groups and to that effect the map available may be out of date. I suggest you send a pm to Tony Ferrari as he will be able to provide you with full and current details on the status of the area. Trev is also correct in that the appropriate group would likely welcome you as a new member.

Tiger 03-11-2012 10:41 PM

I think the Midland Rover Owners Club cover this county. I do know there are a few members of Northants 4x4 Response Team who live in Rugby area who would be willing to help if asked.

Nopainnogain 03-11-2012 11:22 PM

Im in warwickshire and a member of the west mids group,warwickshire comes under their remit i believe, it would be good to have a few more members over my way tho,im a bit out on a limb here.perhaps you could PM me for a chat

Tiger 04-11-2012 01:31 AM

I live in Rugby and I am a member of Northants 4x4 Response. A few of us are members of the Northants team even though we live in Warks, Leics, West Midlands and Oxfordshire.

emtphil 05-11-2012 07:32 AM

depends on the parts of warwickshire where warwickshire boarders Leicestershire ie rugby we had call out there when it snowed. I suspect northants do the same. Coventry comes under the west mids county anyway and that area would be west mids rt.

johnkes 06-11-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nopainnogain (Post 49242)
Im in warwickshire and a member of the west mids group,warwickshire comes under their remit i believe, it would be good to have a few more members over my way tho,im a bit out on a limb here.perhaps you could PM me for a chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtphil (Post 49275)
depends on the parts of warwickshire where warwickshire boarders Leicestershire ie rugby we had call out there when it snowed. I suspect northants do the same. Coventry comes under the west mids county anyway and that area would be west mids rt.

For emergency planning/resilience purposes Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire are 'as one' even though they are different counties. MROC4x4R presently cover the CSW area with WM4x4R covering the West Midlands.
Mathew if you wish to pm myself (MR) or Tim Childe (WM) then I'm sure we help and that either group would welcome you.

Nopainnogain 06-11-2012 04:48 PM

Im a ,little confused now,when i joined up there was no mention of MROC4x4R, only WM.and as im based in warwick it looks like from the information given,im in theCSW area so in the remit of MR,not WM,are you guys any closer to me,im going to the WMsmonthly meeting this weekend and this is like a fifty odd mile round trip,if you're in Solihull do you meet and oparate more local to me.?

trevmales 06-11-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nopainnogain (Post 49301)
Im a ,little confused now,when i joined up there was no mention of MROC4x4R, only WM.and as im based in warwick it looks like from the information given,im in theCSW area so in the remit of MR,not WM,are you guys any closer to me,im going to the WMsmonthly meeting this weekend and this is like a fifty odd mile round trip,if you're in Solihull do you meet and oparate more local to me.?

MROC wasnt part of the network until recentley so that is why only WM covered that area, this is now devided between the groups as said above, hope that helps.