Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 23-11-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: DekersDelica

Default Hi Deker from Herts

Hi folks, struggling a little bit with the forum, hopefully I'll get used to it.
I do like the colour scheme

The bragging bit - Ooops. Sorry folks, but if I don't, you won't know what I can do.

I own a Delica, (Auto) and would like to use it for what it is made for.
Best road vehicle I've ever used in snow

With an airbed laid on the seats or floor, good for carrying the injured and shocked from places where an ambulance cannot get to. And still have space for professional medical person/s.

I've had off road experience when working on road construction, including tracked and rubber.

Towing and being towed, easy, done loads of it, from motorcycles to Caterpillar tractors.

Driving through floods, done that too :=(

These years, I prefer to machine components, on somewhat ancient machines that could not compete with todays tight tolerances, and CNC machines.

My pet hate = Folks that use spanner size as the fastener size (except the old British system)

I'me a bit Olde Fashioned, see circumstances "as is" if it is within my capabilities to help then I get on with it. If it's in a team I'me happy to join in.
Be warned, if I feel that the team is less proficient than me, then I want to lead.
Plenty of experience from working in Building trades, Plant & Civil Engineering industry.
Where a small mistake could lead to serious injury or death.

First Aid, I'me not very good at that, sticking a patch over a cut or graze is about my limit.
To comfort folks in shock or injury, that I can do, and have done to a lady that was dying, she appreciated it.

I am NOT without feelings, but seeing injured and dead people on the roadside doesn't "Turn my stomach" I get on with what "has to be done" to help and assist.

I think I would like to join the Hertfordshire response team (When their website is working)

I hope this next bit does not go against admin's pros & cons.
You will also see me on the MDOCUK forum (same user name)
See what I offer in member2member services, same would apply here, when I get to know you folks.

Regards

Deker

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 375
0 members and 375 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.