Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 22-01-2013
Group Management
Forum Handle: filbert
Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response

National Callsign: GW088

Thanks for all the encouraging messages.
I am a fan of Brodit holders (as Ash mentions) and have had one for my SatNav in the last three or four vehicles I have owned. I have a Bluetooth thing for the phone – it came with the vehicle, not that I’m in the habit of making calls when I’m driving but it’s handy for the occasional incomer.

As for map reading – I learned to drive and navigate many years before SatNav was thought of! I’m also trained as a first aider (and defib) at work, although it’s a while since I did the training and haven’t had to use it yet – must check up on refresher courses…

I mentioned tow bar as the Group Capabilities list on the board here says:
• Equipped with a fixed rear recovery point (A correctly fitted Towing ball is a minimum with Ball & Pin preferable)
• Equipped with a fixed front recovery point. Where practicable fixed front recovery point (may not be possible with all vehicles)

I think my car has a detachable towing eye for the front (and rear for that matter).

I hadn’t heard of the MS+66 tyres and I have only just replaced the ones that were on there (Scorpion Zero Assimetrico). I went for the STR as I had them on my previous (54 reg) XC70 and was impressed with how well they performed during the 2010 winter snow.

Most of the other bits of kit I can rustle up – toolkit and shovel, etc. I do have a small first aid kit but I can look out for a ‘proper’ one.

I’ll follow up with the Worcs & Glos folks.

Rgrds Peter

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 380
0 members and 380 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.