Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 25-01-2017
Former
Forum Handle: Simon Bentley

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2E0HYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonW View Post
Thanks, Trev. Yes, I'm aware that it isn't 1:1, but I was just trying to get a rough relationship. Indeed, one of the issues is that Police & Ambulance services sometimes use county names which are no longer valid! (eg 'Avon')
Just like in North Humberside and South Humberside which no longer exist. (though I don't think they were ever actually counties - the County of Yorkshire was never dissolved or what ever the term would be it just isn't used by local government anymore)

North Humberside is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire and is covered by Yorkshire 4x4R

South Humberside is now North and North east Lincolnshire (IIRC) and is covered by Lincolnshire 4x4R

Tyne & Wear is covered by 4x4R North East

There is a map which you could work all this out from of course http://www.4x4response.info/?pid=map

Except for a few exceptions each LRF/Police force will be covered by just one 4x4R group (LRF boundaries are set as the same as Police by the Civil Contingencies Act) however some 4x4R groups will cover more than one LRF/Constabulary.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 388
0 members and 388 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.