View Single Post
Old 13-01-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: ColinR

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2M0CRR
Default Re: New Group for the Scottish Borders & Lothians

Hi Mel, I have replied to your email.

Nigel,

When I made initial enquires about setting up a group, I got a reply from the team leader which said they weren't setting up any more groups and were merging two groups to become one. The Cotag Aryshire group became Strathclyde 4x4 Response.

Quote:
Just a wee reminder that any new team will not be a "COTAG" team as such but do feel free to take the benefit of our experience!

When COTAG-Moray was developed there were a certina number of founding members who then branched off to develop COTAG-Aberdeenshire. This resulted in 2 teams with the same structure bu created a large administrative burden. We are now in the process of creating one larger team called COTAG 4x4 Response which will cover the Grampian region.

In the past people have showed interest in developing a COTAG-Highland and COTAG-Ayrshire but the volume of work required to create a team using the COTAG format inhibited this or made progress very slow. Therefore we are not currently going down the route of creating new regional COTAG teams.

We have loads we can give to you about setting up as a charity, limited company etc. Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing from you!
We Cover the following Council area's: West Lothian, Mid Lothian, East Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Clackmannanshire, Stirling and parts of Scottish Borders Council.

Find us on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/myh49d Find us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/AdASS9

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 200
0 members and 200 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 18-03-2024 at 11:22 PM.