Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: Tony Ferrari

Default Re: Membership fees?

When Hertfordshire started we didn't charge a membership fee although I made it clear the intention to introduce one.

When it became clear that we would need funds and introduced a £10 annual fee we lost almost half the membership. OK so if the cost of two gallons of fuel or less than four pints of beer are that vital then are you going to be prepared to use several tank fulls of fuel in an emergency when it may take some considerable time to get it back if at all?

I think fees are essential as they do give a genuine sense that you belong to something and hopefully all groups do give something in return.

We also charge a £20 deposit to new members for their jacket, returnable if they leave and give the jacket back (no one has yet). This helps pay for the jackets but also assists with cash flow.

In my experience this is no different to any voluntary group, sports club or recreational group they all "self fund" to a geater or lesser degree

Honorary Life Member of 4x4 Response UK
Founder and member of Hertfordshire 4x4 Response

Vehicles: VW Transporter 4x2 "Command and Control vehicle" Various 2x1 response vehicles (KTM 1090 Adventure R / KTM 450 EXC Rally / KTM 250F Freeride)

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 344
0 members and 344 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 4 Weeks Ago at 11:22 PM.