Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 28-11-2010
Group Management
Forum Handle: flabrosse
4x4 Response Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFordwe66 View Post
I asked my current insurance company (RAC) where I should write to get them to countersign the 4x4 response insurance form
This is the first time I hear about needing to have insurance forms signed. Is that a new requirement of 4x4R, is that only for some responder groups (I'm in Wales), where can I find more about that? Maybe this was talked about at the training day that happened yesterday, which I missed because I spent the day driving around with a district nurse... (don't believe my profile, I am a responder).

NFU were happy for me to do response "work", not charging me anything, even giving me a bit of paper saying:

"In rural areas volunteers (in bold) may use their vehicle for emergency first response. The vehicles are not fitted with blue lights nor are they allowed to exceed statutory speed limits. Examples are carrying defibrillators, distress rockets for mountain rescues etc.

Many of the vehicles will be used in off road situations.

A check should be made that loads are secure, any hazardous materials are carried in appropriate containers to meet HSE guidelines and drivers hold licenses to carry dangerous materials.

The appropriate Class of Use must be provided bearing in mind the drivers main business and occupation. If the person is retired and has SDP Use, or has SDPC then details should be discussed with the Branch Office.

Agents may accept such cases without Branch referral. No additional premium is required."

I have SDPC and they were happy for me to do it. I did mention the reimbursement of expenses.

Fred RW103

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 278
0 members and 278 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 4 Weeks Ago at 11:22 PM.