View Single Post
Old 14-09-2009
Responder
Forum Handle: Darmain
Wessex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: WE126
Default Greetings from Darmain

Hi Guys,

I'm Darmain, my real name is Dave Sawyer and I live in Chippenham, Wilts.

I drive a LandRover Freelander XeDi with an L-series Diesel lump. I bought it about 2 years ago with the primary role of pulling our caravan. Since then I have to ask myself the question as to why I didn't get a Landy sooner. It is simple the most fun car I have ever driven (Okay, that was a sad admission I know and I may well regret those words :lol:, but it is the truth of it). The car is basically factory spec and is running Mich Synchrone 4x4 tyres all round. Obviously it is able to tow a trailer. I have towed our old 18ft van I would guess about 5000 miles over the last few years, and have now upgraded to a 22ft model.

I have done a little, 'light' greenlaning but have not got involved in any serious sticky off roading. The car has to get me to work every day so I can't break it.

My family and I attended the Hullavington Emergency Services Show last weekend and we came across the W4x4R and G4x4R stands. Now to be honest I didn't know these teams existed. After learning what it was all about from Pete on the W4x4R stand, I thought what a brilliant idea it was. Pete was also happy as I bought a Polo shirt off the stand.

I am now seriously considering joining a group. Obviously the Wessex team would be the logical choice. The thing is I have several questions that I need answers to first. Firstly, if called out is the fuel costs covered? I can't see that written anywhere, one way or the other. It is an obvious consideration. My second question is, is a little Hippo of use to the group?

Many thanks for 'listening'.

Dave

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 295
0 members and 295 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 4 Weeks Ago at 11:22 PM.