Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 24-07-2016
Website User
Forum Handle: Chopper

Amateur Radio Callsign: M6RGJ

I think at this point the last thing they need is more vehicles on the roads. Theyre having trouble with access for emergencies themselves and are having to take vast detours, so one thing they don't want to see on the hard shoulder ahead is yet another vehicle when they're trying to press on. Its not like Stack with neatly parked vehicles and relatively good access.

And its not a serious humanitarian aid situation. Food, water and medical access haven't yet become a problem.

Edit - since the above post Ive spoken with my Brother who's in Kent police (as was I before transferring out). Apparently before they'd even requested it a Luton based aid charity volunteered their vehicles and supplied bottled water, and Khalsa Aid too, so they've got it in hand already. As it stands though he says its not a big deal. Most vehicles are transiting the county within 4 hours, and the need for further support hasn't become acute enough to request it. It seems the biggest problem is the lack of somewhere to take a dump.

Northants 4x4RT NH173
Northants Search and Rescue Search Manager

Last edited by Chopper; 24-07-2016 at 06:11 PM.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 398
0 members and 398 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.