Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 16-06-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: David Sparkes

I'll support Mario's points. The black on pale orange of the Joined date is more assertive that the black on dark orange of the Post date, so suppressing that advantage, or reversing it in some way, would be an advantage.

As to the real names, forum names, area names issue, it would have been better if there was stronger guidance on the Forum Register page. When I completed it, fairly recently, I didn't feel pushed to include the group name Peak as part of my Forum name.

Perhaps the fact that I find this sentence difficult to follow is part of my 'non-comprehension problem'. "so many people seemed unable to understand the concept that they should use there real name or part name, part group name as their login so that we appeared a bit more professional on here and not not just a whole load of anonimous aliases.".

I do agree with the desire to avoid anonymous aliases, as too often these become a means of 'excluding' readers not in the personal clique of the writer.

I just defaulted to the personally safe option, and used the name I was given at birth.
I'll live here with the consequences, as I do in the important areas of my life.

If the Trustees want people to incorporate the Group name as part of their Forum identity then I suggest the appropriate group name should be automatically inserted into the forum identity as Registration is being completed.

Regards,

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 435
0 members and 435 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.