Go Back   4x4 Response UK

Thread: New forum
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: David Sparkes

My sympathies. I understand there is still 'work in progress'.
Look down the Right Hand Side, there is a box called User CP. In that box is a link to New Posts, for the moment, ignore the number and just click 'New Posts'. The resulting screen will probably show 'everything', but it seems to be an essential first step for the system to count everything.
On the next visit click the same link and you will have a much more manageable number to read.

Alternatively, and it's what I am doing at the moment. Go to the page that shows all the forums. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and make yourself familiar with the icon that indicates 'Forum Contains New Posts'. Now scroll back up the page and look at those Forums which both display that Icon, AND refer to areas you want to read about.

When you see a list of topics within that forum, look just to the left of the Topic title, you will see a small white symbol. It's supposed to be a downwarn pointing arrow head, indicating 'there's more below'. Remember this symbol because it appears elsewhere. Hover your mouse over the symbol and a pop-up will announce 'Go to first unread post' or similar. Click the symbol and that's where you end up!

Hope This Helps.

Last edited by David Sparkes; 21-02-2010 at 11:17 PM.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 420
0 members and 420 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.