View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016
Responder
Forum Handle: Clive Slade
South East 4x4 Response

National Callsign: SE214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Bentley View Post
Because it complicates availability reporting etc if the responder (inevitabily) forgets to inform Group A that he has been deployed by team B. There
Surely the only reason a person would join more than one group is that the first group is not doing enough to keep them busy... so the chances of availibilty issues is almost nil, and even if they did get a clash, it's no different to them being out shopping etc and unable to attend a call out anyway, its just just in this case they are on another call out with another club.

Surely the only real issue is being double insured, so you could end up with the two insurers arguing over who should pay out. So basically it is very important that if you are with two groups, and for some reason you are on a call with both, you must choose and stick to working with the same group for the entire call out.

We are with other non-related clubs, all of which have public liability insurance, and also have it with our business insurance, and house insurance, in fact I sometimes wonder just how many times my wife and I are insured for the same event should the worst happen. The thing is, if a ferret mauls an old lady and steals her dentures, I wouldn't think of claiming I was out with 4x4Response... now which ferret club could prove interesting!

You can never ferret proof your heart

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 478
0 members and 478 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.