Old 15-09-2009
Responder
Forum Handle: Darmain
Wessex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: WE126
Default Re: Greetings from Darmain

[quote name="BobWessex"]Hi Dave,

I remember coming along while you were chatting to Pete

Fuel and other reasonably incurred expenses are reclaimable via the treasurer. The normal rate is 40p per mile but it is built into our agreements with user bodies that we may claim more in adverse conditions -- i.e. spending all day trying to get 10 miles across hills or through snow.

Things like H/V clothing, vehicle ID etc. we will issue to you so there won't be a cost there.

As I mentioned in my E-mail the other night you need to notify your insurance company, one or two nationally have had an issue but MOST have no problems.

Look forward to seeing you as a member.[/quote]

Thanks Bob,

Now I have a face to the name.

The fuel thing was a concern. As we all known fuel ain't cheap and its only gonna cost more. It costs me £55 to fill the Hippo at the moment. I do get between 400 and 450 miles out of that though, which I'm pleased with. As long as there is assistance with this cost then I'm happy. All I've got to sort now is the insurance and get my hands on a CB rig. I had a 'portable' Midland rig a long while ago and a mag mount aerial. It ended up in the attic as I had no real practical use for it. A little while ago I tried it out and discovered the rig was dead so I turfed it out. Now I have a horrible feeling the aerial went too. I think the SWR meter was saved though. Will have to have a look.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 408
0 members and 408 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.