Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: ColinR

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2M0CRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renny Thomson View Post
Thanks Bob for your advice. We have already spoken to Jamie about this and feel that operationally, there are advantages on working on a geographical area. Fife's boundaries are quite well defined, separating us from our neighbours in Tayside and Lothians. We have probably got a core of individuals who will be able and willing to take on the "management" roles, and hope to utilise the experience of the Fife RAYNET group members who have historically assisted the local authority with logistic support but are, to an extent, hampered by their national groups remit. However we might be worthwhile to set up as satellite of Tayside initially.
We also know from first hand experience that when calls for assistance during the recent bad weather, the existing Lothians group were unable to help in Fife due to the demands placed on them by services south of the Forth. I also am aware that there were offers of 4x4 assistance from volunteers living in Fife which the council and NHS Board were unable to utilise due to a lack of coordination.
In my work I have good links with the Council Emergency Planning Officer and was the main user of the 4x4 assistance from not only RAYNET, but also the Countryside Rangers and Coastguard.
I think a Fife Group is feasible and sustainable.
Renny just to correct you Lothian 4x4 Response did help in Fife when asked, also on one occaison when no resources were available locally we sent two vehicles over to assist when an anbulance was stuck, they were stood down as they crossed the bridge. We also have a couple of members from Fife.
We Cover the following Council area's: West Lothian, Mid Lothian, East Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Clackmannanshire, Stirling and parts of Scottish Borders Council.

Find us on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/myh49d Find us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/AdASS9

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 436
1 members and 435 guests
Dave Milne
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.