Old 27-11-2009
Group Management
Forum Handle: MarkM_Wales
4x4 Response Wales

National Callsign: WA001
Amateur Radio Callsign: MW6MGM
Default Re: West Wales

Hi Guys

The situation is that Wales is one Group but due to geographical size etc. we are allocating members on a regional basis: North, Mid, West and South with a regional co-ordinator for each region. We are also trying to get a regional training co-ordinator and fundraiser within each region so that there is a degree of self sufficiency and to reduce the pressure on the centre - it's starting to come together but is early days. We also need to be aware that there are 4 LRF areas in Wales - North, South, Dyfed Powys (Mid & West) and Gwent so we also allocate each member to an LRF area for control purposes but this may change as the callout arrangements become determined for each area. Within the regions there are also likely to be local Groups as having one pub meet for instance to cover the whole of West Wales is impractical but this will evolve as the regional groups grow.

The focus at the moment for the Group is to continue the recruitment programme to fill in the missing bits of the jigsaw and to get the new members through Responder training as quickly as possible so that they can go onto the callout Register.

Current breakdown is as follows:

Status North Mid South West

Volunteers 8 17 9 8

Responder 12 22 4 5

Grade 3 1 4 0 0

Grade 2 0 0 0 0

Grade 1 0 0 0 0

Total 21 43 13 13

I can provide a list of postcodes if Tony would like to analyse specific locations but at the moment I cannot provide the breakdown by county as I don't have county information for all members.

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 389
0 members and 389 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.