Go Back   4x4 Response UK > National Forums > Come on in > Got a question & general information

Old 04-09-2013
Responder
Forum Handle: dave - Crowborough
Sussex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: SX033
Amateur Radio Callsign: G4OTV

Will do.
Old 04-09-2013
Tribal elder
Forum Handle: nigel leyland
Yorkshire 4x4 Response

National Callsign: YR314
Amateur Radio Callsign: none

Thanks Dave, have just received and replied to the pm, I know have full details and will attend to it after I return from p/bro show (please post again if I don't put an update on here, I'm getting close to that age of senility....!!! ) Can't promise anything but it's worth a few emails to try eliminate spurious policie conditions. Especially when I've already been told by another insurer (AF) that they would be happy with the use of any "warning" light provided it is not "emergency" use!
Old 05-09-2013
Group Management
Forum Handle: WessexMario
Wessex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: WE100
Amateur Radio Callsign: M0WMC

"No cover is allowed under the policy for [blue light use or] the use of any other emergency or warning lights."

Given that other clauses would specify that the vehicle and driver are complying with the law at all times, which would include the fitting and use of warning lights, I don't see the legal or insurance point of this condition, if anything, they're shooting themselves in the foot.

If a motorist breaks down, on dark country road at night, or motorway at any time, are they implying to the insured motorist that it's preferable for the driver, passengers, other motorists and the insurance company that the 4 way flashers are not used?
What's their reply to that?
Old 05-09-2013
Responder
Forum Handle: dave - Crowborough
Sussex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: SX033
Amateur Radio Callsign: G4OTV

You're quite right - it's a nonsense with regard to normal hazard lights but no-one wants to be in a position of having to argue with insurers should it come to a claim. Ideally we will get the provision removed both for four way flashers and amber beacons.
Old 05-09-2013
Website User
Forum Handle: picard

Angry

Hi,

I am looking for a group to join, I am in Cheshire but am struggling to contact NW 4x4, an e mail has just bounced back & the web site url just brought an error msg up ?

Regards Paul

Silly me just realised I posted this in the wrong area, Doh.

Last edited by picard; 05-09-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2013
Website User
Forum Handle: Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard View Post
Hi,

I am looking for a group to join, I am in Cheshire but am struggling to contact NW 4x4, an e mail has just bounced back & the web site url just brought an error msg up ?

Regards Paul

Silly me just realised I posted this in the wrong area, Doh.
Hi Paul. don't know why the website is playing silly buggers but if you try the link below it should take you to our forum.

http://www.nw4x4response.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php

1986 BMW K100 Motorbike
1998 Chrysler Grand Voyager
Old 14-09-2013
Group Management
Forum Handle: Ianmacd
Not currently a responder

Amateur Radio Callsign: M0IAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave - Crowborough View Post
" No cover is allowed under the policy for Blue Light Use or the use of any other emergency or warning lights."
Interesting topic this one. I spoke to admirals customer services and got the off shore team who supplied me a letter stating they would insure me for blue lights even though that's not what I asked for.

A number of conversations later and the guy from cancellations explained that that sentence is very badly worded. He said its there to convey they will not cover the use of lights in helping to progress through traffic. When I explained it was for amber beacons he said they treat them the same way as hazard lights and are covered. He also sent me a letter stating I was covered for Amber's and volunteering.

Seems you just need to speak to the right people.
Old 18-09-2013
Former
Forum Handle: Simon Bentley

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2E0HYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianmacd View Post
Interesting topic this one. I spoke to admirals customer services and got the off shore team who supplied me a letter stating they would insure me for blue lights even though that's not what I asked for.

A number of conversations later and the guy from cancellations explained that that sentence is very badly worded. He said its there to convey they will not cover the use of lights in helping to progress through traffic. When I explained it was for amber beacons he said they treat them the same way as hazard lights and are covered. He also sent me a letter stating I was covered for Amber's and volunteering.

Seems you just need to speak to the right people.
if you refer to the ABI website - https://www.abi.org.uk/Insurance-and...unteer-drivers - Admiral automatically cover volunteer driving and there is no need to inform them.

The most recent list is here - https://www.abi.org.uk/~/media/Files...ommitment.ashx