Go Back   4x4 Response UK > National Forums > Come on in

Old 23-09-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: seanpatrick

Default Fife Team request to join

Hi
I have just subscribed today.
Trying to get in touch with the team in Fife, I know from Tayside team Fife is in the process of starting up. I wish to be a part of that and happy to help in anyway shape or form. I have a medical background and drive a Discovery 3 TDV6.
Last winter I helped dozens of folk and thought I could do more this year.
Happy to help Tayside team and Lothian team, as I work at Edinburgh Royal.
Hope to hear from you...
Gerry
Old 23-09-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: Tony Ferrari

Hi Gerry

Welcome to 4x4 Response, we have heard via Tayside of the possibility of a Fife Team but as far as I am aware no one has registered on the forum from the team, nor have they made contact with us at the National Network.

I'm sure that will change shortly.

Honorary Life Member of 4x4 Response UK
Founder and member of Hertfordshire 4x4 Response

Vehicles: VW Transporter 4x2 "Command and Control vehicle" Various 2x1 response vehicles (KTM 1090 Adventure R / KTM 450 EXC Rally / KTM 250F Freeride)
Old 23-09-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: CLUNYKNOX

Hi they are trying to get started as far as I know if you send me an email with your datails I can forward it on to them.

Andrew
Old 23-09-2011
Responder
Forum Handle: jamie.read
Tayside 4x4 Response

National Callsign: TA01
Amateur Radio Callsign: M6BHS

Tony,
It`s Renny Thompson & Steve Turnbull who are the Fife contacts. I have already supplied Gerry with Rennys email addy

Registered in Scotland SCO42452

info@tayside4x4response.co.uk
All comments are personal and may not reflect the view of T4x4R or 4x4RUK.
Old 23-09-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: David Sparkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Ferrari View Post
... no one has registered on the forum from the team, nor have they made contact with us at the National Network.
Using the 'Search members facility, I note there is no 'Fife' entry in the drop down list against the 'Group' box.
I'm guessing, but I rather assume that a new member will have the same list of existing group names presented. Indeed, the OP (seanpatrick) has chosen 'Not yet a Responder' as his group.
Factually correct of course, but at what stage can he, or anyone else, 'register on the forum from the FIFE team'?
I note that of the two suggested contacts, Renny Thompson is shown as in the NE group, while Steve.turnball is also 'Not yet a Responder'.

I appreciate there's a little bit of chicken and egg situation here, but I suggest the egg breaker needs to come from the Trustees (who have the experience), rather than the potential Fife members, who don't realise they need to make the request 'Please create a Fife group'.

HTH, I'm not intending to be critical, merely giving an outsiders viewpoint.
Old 23-09-2011
Former
Forum Handle: Simon Bentley

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2E0HYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sparkes View Post
Using the 'Search members facility, I note there is no 'Fife' entry in the drop down list against the 'Group' box.
I'm guessing, but I rather assume that a new member will have the same list of existing group names presented. Indeed, the OP (seanpatrick) has chosen 'Not yet a Responder' as his group.
Factually correct of course, but at what stage can he, or anyone else, 'register on the forum from the FIFE team'?
I note that of the two suggested contacts, Renny Thompson is shown as in the NE group, while Steve.turnball is also 'Not yet a Responder'.

I appreciate there's a little bit of chicken and egg situation here, but I suggest the egg breaker needs to come from the Trustees (who have the experience), rather than the potential Fife members, who don't realise they need to make the request 'Please create a Fife group'.

HTH, I'm not intending to be critical, merely giving an outsiders viewpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Ferrari View Post
Hi Gerry

Welcome to 4x4 Response, we have heard via Tayside of the possibility of a Fife Team but as far as I am aware no one has registered on the forum from the team, nor have they made contact with us at the National Network.

I'm sure that will change shortly.
It seems Tony has heard something through unofficial channels, but oficially the trustees were unaware of the potential formation of a Fife group.

On the page Register a Group there are details on how to forma group etc and specifically

Quote:
Before any work is done on setting up a new group, those interested should contact 4x4 Response the national charity, as it is possible that there are already plans underway for a group in your area. There won't be two 4x4 Response groups in any one area.
Anyone wishing to register or form a new group is asked to a) use the 'contact form' and b) register on the national forum
Only this week someone from another area did just this - they have been granted enhanced forum status so as to be able to access more information and discuss things with other group reps, however until a group is formed and registered the appropriate selection from the drop down is "Not Currently a Responder" - after all they aren't.

We would be more than happy to receive an application from a group in Fife but until somebody makes an official approach we cannot do anything further.

BTW the drop down list of groups is nothing more than that, it does not infer any extra status on the forum merely badging for responders and allows searching by group etc
Old 23-09-2011
Responder
Forum Handle: jamie.read
Tayside 4x4 Response

National Callsign: TA01
Amateur Radio Callsign: M6BHS

Perhaps personal messages to Renny and Steve pointing this out? I`m pretty sure I mentioned it to Steve when we spoke on the phone regarding us relinquishing Fife for them to get something off the ground themselves.

Registered in Scotland SCO42452

info@tayside4x4response.co.uk
All comments are personal and may not reflect the view of T4x4R or 4x4RUK.
Old 23-09-2011
Website User

Jamie

Until this thread, we were unaware that it was Renny and Steve behind the Fife group and I only knew someone was thinking of starting up in Fife because you told me some months ago when we were agreeing the Tayside area of operation. So thanks for the information but as Simon has said we can't even start to recognise a group unless they make contact with us!

A PM will now be sent.

Vehicles: VW Transporter 4x2 "Command and Control vehicle" Various 2x1 response vehicles (KTM 1090 Adventure R / KTM 450 EXC Rally / KTM 250F Freeride)
Old 23-09-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: ColinR

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2M0CRR

There is moves to set up a Fife Group and not just by Renny/ Steve, theres others looking at it as well due to the initial timescales to get something going taking to long. Theres supposed to be a public meeting getting held very soon that all interested parties can go to, I will see if I can confirm the details and post them there.
We Cover the following Council area's: West Lothian, Mid Lothian, East Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Clackmannanshire, Stirling and parts of Scottish Borders Council.

Find us on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/myh49d Find us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/AdASS9
Old 23-09-2011
Website User

Colin

Many thanks, as said before we can only act on information when we receive it

Simon has now sent a PM to Renny and Steve and we hope this can be sorted soon.