Go Back   4x4 Response UK > National Forums > Come on in

Old 18-05-2011
Responder
Forum Handle: stevewright
Herefordshire 4x4 Response

Thumbs up Thinking of becoming a member!!!

Hi Guys,

here i am sat in my office "working" wondering about my toy which is sat at home all alone on the drive (with a flat battery "ahem!") and got flicking through some of the 4x4 members groups and saw the response network. i must admit my eyes opened wide and it looks like a great organisation to be a part of. I'm currently living just outside Ledbury, Herefordshire, and am aware that there is a herefordshire 4x4 response. Im sure this covers ledbury but would it be a good idea to create a sub group covering Ledbury, and the inbetween bits such as the stretch of the M50 and surrounding areas? myself and my 2 best mates have all recently purchased landrovers, mine being a disco 200tdi with some kit already fitted, my one friend has a v8 disco, and the other has a part time job, sorry i mean series II!!!! we are all fond of off roading and want to put our skills earnt through the past (myself driving a VW Caddy in deep snow in Austria for a couple of winters!) to good use and give people who drive these wonderful machines a good name in the local area. Does anyone think this is a good idea? if so how do we go about doing this? Whats the cost etc??? Cheers, Steve
Old 18-05-2011
Former
Forum Handle: Simon Bentley

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2E0HYR

As you say there is a Herefordshire group already. 4x4 response has a policy of only recognising 1 group within a geographical area and the aim is that those groups areas should reflect the Police, Ambulance, Fire local authority etc borders as closely as practicable, so that the user services have one point of contact for 4x4 response within their region.

I am not 100% sure how Herefordshire are organised at a local level and they may well have localised meets and teams etc within the group already - I suggest you contact them in the first instance - with any look one of them will spot this post anyway.
Old 18-05-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: markwd

Amateur Radio Callsign: no

You don't need a "kitted up" truck bud, a decent set of tyres and some basic equipment plus a bit of common sense is all that's needed. Contact your local group, details can be found in the group register in the site navigation pane.
Old 18-05-2011
Responder
Forum Handle: stevewright
Herefordshire 4x4 Response

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwd View Post
You don't need a "kitted up" truck bud, a decent set of tyres and some basic equipment plus a bit of common sense is all that's needed. Contact your local group, details can be found in the group register in the site navigation pane.
i agree, it was kitted up when i bought it last weekend, always been a v8 disco man myself but ventured to the smokey side and bought a tdi!!!!

thanks for the advice, i understand there is only meant to be one group in each geographical area, i'll speak to herefordshire!

Cheers,
Old 24-05-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: Teresa Herefordshire

Sorry I've not been on here for a few days and missed this.

Steve, if you want to contact me I can pass on your details to the Chairman, Controller etc. My number is 07912 748751.

I'm in Clifton on Teme but covered Bromyard, Colwall and Ledbury areas in the snow in December so more people out that way would be very welcome. :-)

Teresa
Old 28-05-2011
Website User
Forum Handle: nev1971

herefordshire 4x4 responce group.
hello,
we are still in the system, thanks to "T" her work on here
i was elected chairman recently ,
so if you want to contact "T" or me please do
my no. is 07949279091
many thanks
Nevil Hill