Go Back   4x4 Response UK > National Forums > Come on in > New Teams

Old 11-12-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: MCameron90

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnstoneDC View Post
Also interested as I've been towing out cars left right and centre from Monday.

I'm in johnstone as the name suggests.

Fraser posted on our usual Lochgilphead forum so thought i'd stop by
Trust you never got a hair outta place through it all Charlie

You can put me down as an interested party, I am in Lochgilphead. Think Peter will come onboard as well, he is about 20 miles north of Lochgilphead.

Cheers

Mark,
Old 19-12-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: Stumpy Doofleer

I would be interested in joining the Strathclyde division.
Old 19-12-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: Navigator

Amateur Radio Callsign: GM1VBE

Hello James,

For you and any others who read the post later, here is the information we have sent out to date to interested parties:_

e-Mail 01

Thank you for being so prompt in making contact about STRATHCLYDE 4x4 RESPONSE. It is less than a week since the first posts went out onto a couple of forums and we already have enough people interested to hold an inaugural meeting to officially form the group.

Not everyone will have to attend this meeting in person. What those present have to do is (1) decide to form the group, (2) adopt a constitution, (3) appoint at least a chairman, secretary and treasurer, (4) agree to open a bank account, (5) agree to be part of the NATIONAL 4x4 RESPONSE organisation. Once that is in place we can enrol anyone who can’t make the meeting.

There will be a large amount of initial work to be done and it would be good to have volunteers who can devote the necessary time to the key roles. We will need to get all our members registered, their training validated, disclosure applied for, insurances in place, plus whatever other things the user services require. We will need to publicise and recruit members. We will need to open discussion with the main User services; Fire, Police, NHS, Local Authorities and Scottish Executive. And we will need to organise whatever training sessions are needed. Fortunately it has all been done before in other parts of the country, so the National 4x4 Response and the other groups will be a great help in showing us what to do – all we have to do is implement it.

Different people have responded with different information and I don’t know where everyone lives/works to help pick a central venue for the meeting. Could you please reply to this email with your full name, and where you live – all I need is the first part of your postcode. If you think you can devote time to some of the tasks I’ve mentioned above, please let me know, or if there are other ways in which you can help set up the organisation.

e-Mail 02

There are still quite a few folk still to send in their location so that a meeting venue that is fairly central can be chosen. The meeting is likely to be the first week in January so we can get things moving.

In the mean time, so that ideas can be exchanged beforehand, there is a forum now set up and running at http://s4x4r.freeforums.org . This includes a “chat” facility. You will have to register to get access to the forum, and your registration will then have to be “authorised”. Hopefully the moderators will recognise the username you choose.

Kind regards, Stuart

Stuart Clink
Interim Contact Co-ordinator
STRATHCLYDE 4x4 RESPONSE

Southsyde House | Woodhead Avenue | BOTHWELL | Lanarkshire | G71 8AR
Phone: +44(0)7772 784728 | email: Strathclyde4x4Response@hotmail.co.uk

This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone outside the intended recipient organisation is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email notification to the sender.

STRATHCLYDE 4x4 RESPONSE
Scottish Charity SC042216
Covering the Local Authority areas of Argyll & Bute, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Glasgow City, Inverclyde, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, and West Dunbartonshire.
Old 20-12-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: MCameron90

Default No email received

Stuart,

I haven't received either of the emails you have detailed above?

I will PM my postcode.

Cheers

Mark.