Go Back   4x4 Response UK > National Forums > Come on in > Got a question & general information

Old 16-12-2012
Website User
Forum Handle: LinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtphil View Post
All car insurence covers green lanes as they are legal rights of way/roads. A company who wont cover u on a green lane id be woried to drive the m1as they would not cover that.
Maybe someone should tell the folks on Saga's call centre. They didn't know what a snorkel, rock slider or green lane were when I rang to update my cover. When I explained what a green lane was they classed it as off-road. They referred the call to their underwriters and they came back with a refusal to provide any cover at all. So they lost my business and I got a better policy at the same price. Their loss, my gain!
ed@notts4x4response.org
Old 29-04-2013
Website User
Forum Handle: Dave B at Borg

Amateur Radio Callsign: G0WBX

Anyone else having dificulty getting hold of 'Flux's customer support types? I keep sending documents and photo's to them, as requested, the "my Adrian Flux" site says all is complete, but they keep asking, with the same wording each time. This is just for a renewal, and nothing material has changed regarding the vehicle etc..

I've tried and tried to call them ad-nausium, but the lines are always busy (or switched off after 5:30 pm) and as yet, no one's called me back. that and their email system just spits back boiler plate messages.

The insurance runs out in a day or three (this has been going on two weeks!) so I'm getting more than a little twitchy.

Regards. Dave B.
Old 29-04-2013
Website User
Forum Handle: trevmales

pm dan frpm adrian flux he checks this regular and will arrange a call back.
Old 29-04-2013
Group Management
Forum Handle: WessexMario
Wessex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: WE100
Amateur Radio Callsign: M0WMC

This is the Dan you need...
http://www.4x4response.info/member.php?u=337
Old 30-04-2013
Website User

Thanks Mario.

PM sent.

For a company that says they champion customer service, it seems well and truly broken just now.

Dave.

Last edited by Dave B at Borg; 30-04-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 30-04-2013
Group Management
Forum Handle: WessexMario
Wessex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: WE100
Amateur Radio Callsign: M0WMC

to be fair, I think the difference in the quality of the staff in each of the major insurance companies varies far more than the difference between any of the companies.
The result you get seems to depend far more on which person answers the phone, rather than which company you call. ie: they all have their share of good guys and muppets.
Old 01-05-2013
Website User

Well, indeed, when you get to talk to a real live human, all (hopefully) is resolved.

My issue is with the (aparrently recently rolled out) automated email response/web based system, that would appear to still need some (quite a lot I suspect) of work doing to it, that you cant seem to bypass.

The other thing, other co's have a telephone presence (if just a call center, but it's a start) at weekends (or part of the we) for non claim business. AF just close at 5:30PM on a Friday, and sadly we have to work those same hours too.

Oh well, hopefully on the way to being resolved, but it was an uphill struggle just to contact them and talk to anyone, needing Dan to prod someone on my behalf. (Thanks Dan)

Regards.

Dave Baxter.
Old 04-09-2013
Responder
Forum Handle: dave - Crowborough
Sussex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: SX033
Amateur Radio Callsign: G4OTV
Default Insurance Restriction IMPORTANT

One of our members is (was) insured with Elephant.co.uk which is owned by Admiral. In the letter he has received confirming that he is covered for volunteer driving is the following restriction " No cover is allowed under the policy for Blue Light Use or the use of any other emergency or warning lights." When he queried this he was told that the restriction applied to all policies issued by companies in the Admiral group and even covered the use of normal hazard flashers ie if you use them or amber beacons whilst on volunteer driving (for example for 4x4 Response) then you have no insurance cover.

Might I suggest that members be advised to check their letters authorising volunteer use to see if this restriction applies. Could I also suggest that 4x4 Response UK makes an approach to Admiral on behalf of all groups to try to get this restriction removed.
Old 04-09-2013
Responder
Forum Handle: dave - Crowborough
Sussex 4x4 Response

National Callsign: SX033
Amateur Radio Callsign: G4OTV

A bit of further information. Admiral is a member of ABI all members of which should accept volunteer driving. There is a restriction on blue light driving (understandably) but no mention of amber beacons or other warning lights. Looks like Admiral is not following the party line. Could this be taken up with them offficially by the national group please?
Old 04-09-2013
Tribal elder
Forum Handle: nigel leyland
Yorkshire 4x4 Response

National Callsign: YR314
Amateur Radio Callsign: none

Thanks for highlighting this Dave, can you get the policy holder to contact me directly please Dave (use the Trustees email system and address it FAO.....)