View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010
Responder
Forum Handle: Madmatt130
Not currently a responder

Amateur Radio Callsign: NA
Default Re: Leicestershire Response

Morning all,

I met Simon last night as he was good enough to come along to Loughborough Land Rover Clubs monthly meet, I am very keen to get involved in the Leicestershire group as are a few others there are 4 or 5 of us hopefully attending the meeting on the 29th.

As a club we have long been registered on Leics CC's LOADER scheme as they call it and up until last year had never been contacted by them. It has allways struck me that this database although updated annually is in actual fact a 20odd year old idea from back when things were far more laid back. Rightly or wrongly I remember reading that volunteers that were registered were covered by the councils PL insaurance but having never actually gone out for them I wouldn't know for definate. Due to my employers I have several off road driving qualifications and winching courses under my belt but they have never asked for a copy of these or even my driving licence or MOT Cert!

I am a firm believer that the Leics 4x4 response group is the way forward LCC might be slow and unwilling to get involved at the moment but at the end of the day that will be their loss and will probably soon change their tune when they see how profesional the group is when it starts working with other agencies.

I'd be intersted to hear how some of the other groups got on when they first started communicating with organisations?

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 461
0 members and 461 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 18-03-2024 at 11:22 PM.